Looking for your next suspension lift for your 2007-and-up JK Wrangler because you want to fit larger 35-inch tires? Checkout ICON Vehicle Dynamics 4.5 Inch lift systems that range from basic to extreme desert duty.
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is no stranger to off-road suspension performance, and it shouldn’t be a surprise they now offer a 4.5-inch lift kit. However, ICON goes above and beyond when it comes to their systems and budget choices. The systems range from a basic 4.5-inch lift with 2.0 ICON rebuildable/revalveable shock absorbers, to the super-adjustable 2.5 ICON absorbers with external reservoirs and Compression Damping Control Valves (CDCV), all the way to the ICON OMEGA Series shocks with twin-tube bypass adjustability. ICON creates suspension solutions, not just lift kits.
Common parts in the 4.5-inch lift systems are the:
• Track bars and links that utilize dual-rate bushings and/or rod ends for tuned vibration isolation, controlled deflection, and maximum articulation
• High-steer flip kit that provides proper steering geometry without a drop pitman arm
• Stainless Steel high-steer taper adapter that eliminates drilling the factory knuckle
• Dual-rate front and rear coil springs that are guaranteed never to sag
However, each stage is separated by the type of shock absorbers you get in each along with some added accessories.
Stage 1 is your basic 4.5-inch lift with rebuildable/revalveable 2.0 ICON Shock Absorbers. These two-inch diameter absorbers are a drastic upgrade from stock to begin with, and are further valved to match the new lift. This system also features front upper and rear lower adjustable links.
Stage 2 stays with two-inch diameter shocks; however, they are upgraded to external reservoir for further dampening and to help keep the shock oil cool in hard driving conditions. You get the adjustable links from Stage 1 with improved front lower and rear upper fixed links.
Stage 3 starts with the components of Stage 2 and adds the 2.5 ICON absorbers with reservoirs. The 2.5 ICON absorbers are 2.5 inches in diameter for more control over desert woops. You also get a set of front and rear adjustable panhard bars.
Stage 4 gives you more adjustability as it comes with the ICON 2.5 absorbers with CDCV reservoirs.
Stage 5 is for the most extreme. Not only will you get everything from Stage 4, but also the absorbers are the 2.5 OMEGA bypass shocks. The 2.5 OMEGA is a 2.5-inch-diameter bypass shock absorber that features adjustment on compression and rebound to fine-tune the absorbers for all types of surfaces from on-road, to desert, to crawling.
• Increased ground clearance, wheel travel, and articulation over stock
• Level front-to-rear stance
• Out-handles other JK kits on the market, both on and off-road
• Track bars and links utilize dual-rate bushings and/or rod ends for tuned vibration isolation, controlled deflection, and maximum articulation
• High-steer flip kit provides proper steering geometry without a drop pitman arm
• Stainless steel high-steer taper adapter eliminates drilling the factory knuckle
• Dual-rate front and rear coil springs are guaranteed never to sag
• 2.0 and 2.5 ICON shock absorbers that are fully rebuildable and revalveable
• 100% returnable to stock
• 100% made in the USA
• Clears 35 x 12.50 tires with no body modifications. Fits 37-inch-diameter tires with high-clearance fenders.
• Fits 2007-current Jeep Wrangler JK Models – 2WD/4WD applications.
• Tw0-door models sit 1/2″ – 3/4″ taller than four-door models, but remain level.
• Front driveshaft required for proper front driveline clearance (ICON Part # 22014 [12-UP], #22016 [07-11]).
• ICON front and rear Jeep JK adjustable track bars recommended for optimized axle centering (ICON Part #21020 [FRONT], #21025 [REAR]).
MSRP from $2,710.00 to $6,909.00
Images [ICON Vehicle Dynamics]