Quick Feature: Road Race Motorsports 2012 JK Wrangler
For 14 years, Road Race Motorsports and Rob Tallini have built amazing machinery from Fiats to Mitsubishis. While they are best known for their cars and Rob’s time in road racing, they have also built some amazing off-road vehicles. Now let’s take a look at what Road Race Motorsports can do with a 2012 Jeep Wrangler.
The first thing that probably hits your vision like a ton of bricks on this JK are the 17 x 8.5 TrailReady HD World Series Beadlock wheels, which are then wrapped in 37 x 13.50 R17 Toyo Open Country MT tires. The black portions of the TrailReady wheels are hard-coated rather than anodized. Wheel travel is controlled by a Rock Krawler Max Travel system with custom 2.0-inch ICON Remote Reservoir shocks. Stopping the axles of the gusseted and tubed Dana 44s are a set of larger, slotted rotors of the Road Race Motorsports JK Big Brake Kit.
Poison Spyder helps protect the fenders and body panels, but Road Race Motorsports went further and produced their own door armor. A Poison Spyder Brawler front bumper was modified per Rob’s request and made to fit the Warn VR10000 winch.
Rigid Industries LED lights give the Road Race Motorsports Wrangler the power to cut through the night air. Lights are mounted to the front, sides, and rear of the Garvin JK Roof Rack, which was also further modified to match the style of the JK. On the back of the JK, flanking both sides of the spare tire is a set of Xtorm 4WD RotopaX fuel and water cans.
Everything you see on this JK is available from Road Race Motorsports, so while this is a SEMA vehicle, it is all within the grasp of any JK Wrangler owner, including the carbon fiber grille.
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon by Road Race Motorsports
- Engine: 3.6L Pentastar V-6
- Transfer case: NVG241OR Rock-Trac
- Front Differential: Tubed and gusseted OEM Dana 44
- Rear Differential: Tubed and gusseted OEM Dana 44
- Suspension: Rock Krawler mid-arm system
- Dampers: 2.0″ diameter Icon remote reservoir shocks
- Brakes: Road Race Motorsports Slotted Big Brake Kit with High Performance Pads
- Tires: 37 x 13.50 R17 Toyo Open Country MT
- Wheels: 17 x 8.5 TrailReady HD World Series Beadlocks
- Lighting: Rigid Industries