Notices
Aloha State If you live in the Hawaiian Islands and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moving to Hawaii

Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Hawaii

Just checking in with the Hawaii Jk'ers. I am in San Diego; my girlfriend and I are seriously considering a move to the Islands. Our first choice is the Big Island, second choice would be Maui. Not sure if I want to sell the Jeep before hand or ship it over.....most likely I will ship it over. Is there much wheeling to do on the Islands.....the Big Island in particular? I know it won't compare to the varied terrain in California, but curious what to expect.

My girlfirend is currently sending out resumes on the Big Island and I just got laid off; so, I'm wanting to make the move while still on unemployment. My JK is a 2 dr Rubi on 35's with a Teraflex 2.5" full flex arm lift and a lot of other little mods.

Any feedback on wheeling or Hawaii in general would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Gerrit
Old 04-13-2011, 11:22 PM
JK Newbie

Did you ever make it to the Big Island?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 AM
JK Newbie

You're probably not planning on comin out to Oahu, but if you do it's not too bad. only a few spots butno matter what it's always great scenery! Hope to see or hear from ya soon! Mahalo!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am about to move to Hawaii and I have concerns with having tube fender flares that don't cover my front tires (35's) all the way what do you recommend I do?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davidsv04
You're probably not planning on comin out to Oahu, but if you do it's not too bad. only a few spots butno matter what it's always great scenery! Hope to see or hear from ya soon! Mahalo!
I will be there in a moth or so...and my JK will be there in a bit
Old 07-06-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Aloha mango, I'm here in the hilo side of big island. There is a lot of great wheeling her if you can find it. I'm still relatively new myself and only had my jeep for a few months but have found some great trails. Most are trails to local fishing spots and local hang outs, no off-road parks or anything like that. But you will find no shortage of places to go. As far as your tube fenders, when it comes to safety inspections stick to the smaller shops, stay away from the larger chains. Driving around town shouldn't be a problem, my buddy runs 35,s on a tj and hasn't had any problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3271778886.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	563989   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-827420418.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	563990  

Last edited by Biglop; 07-06-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii