Notices
Announcements Important announcements regarding changes, additions or general information regarding JK-Forum can be found here.

Mountain Bike Action magazine's Jeep build wants your input!

Old 07-23-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mountain Bike Action magazine's Jeep build wants your input!

Mountain Bike Action magazine is building a mountain bike themed JK and would like the JK-Forum members input! Being an avid XC and Down Hill Mountain biker myself, the following announcement has me pretty stoked!

Last week, Mountain Bike Action magazine announced to their readers that we were preparing to build a Jeep project vehicle with a Mountain Bike theme. They asked for suggestions from the biking community as to what accessories, upgrades, and modifications should be added to the new 2014 JK. Obviously... the best people to ask, are the Jeep experts. Keeping in mind that the vehicle needs to be comfortable on the highway, but off-road ready, what would JEEPERS suggest? We are sending the people with the best ideas and suggestions a gift. (Everything from T-shirts, to gift cards, hat, and stickers) They can make their voices heard on twitter (@TrailSeekerJeep) or right here on the forum. Here's the link to the magazine article."

Mountain Bike Action Magazine | Your Chance To Help Design The Ultimate Weekend Adventure Vehicle

The “Trail Seeker” Jeep Project
Jeep and Mountain biking enthusiasts asked to contribute ideas
and expertise for the ultimate weekend adventure vehicle.
(Lindenhurst, Illinois) - - What would you do, if someone asked your advice on how to create the ultimate outdoor mountain biking adventure vehicle? What would the interior look like? How big would the tires be? Would it need electronics to keep the passengers entertained on long trips? What about storage space, exterior color, or a lifted suspension? What about off-road lighting or on-board tools for trail-side repairs?
This is exactly the challenge that is being proposed to Jeep and Mountain Bike enthusiasts across North America. The active-lifestyle Jeep project concept is being developed by the theme-vehicle designers at J ROBERT Marketing, and will be used to encourage people to get active and participate in outdoor activities. “Mountain bikers are a passionate group!” explained J Robert President, Jhan Dolphin “They know great gear when they see it, and appreciate cool stuff! I am excited to hear what they would do to make this vehicle the perfect weekend trail-seeker.”
The vehicle is a brand new, 2014 Jeep Wrangler limited that will be upgraded, modified, and customized with a wide variety of aftermarket goodies. The J Robert team is asking bikers to submit ideas and suggestions as to what should be included in the custom vehicle. “Our guidelines for the project are pretty basic.” explained Dolphin, “The vehicle needs to be comfortable to drive on the highway, yet totally capable off-road. It needs to be able to carry your gear, your bikes, and cater specifically to mountain bikers looking to enjoy a weekend of adrenaline pumping fun.”
Dolphin’s team will review the suggestions throughout the month of July and then outfit the Jeep with accessories and upgrades from some of the biggest names in the aftermarket automotive and outdoor products industries. To watch the progress of the build, follow them on Twitter. @TrailSeekerJeep
Old 07-23-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds cool!

I think it would definitely have to have an onboard air system - for the jeep tires and the bikes! And of course a bike rack to carry 4 bikes (assuming it's a JKU - 2 bikes if its a JK). I'd suggest something off the back, rather than roof mounted bikes!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just google image searched this bike rack - something like this I'd say. Allows you to carry 4 bikes but folds out of the way as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepRackUp.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	567095Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110415.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	567096
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say also an on-board pressurized water cell/tank. That way you can give your bike and your shoes a quick hose-down before the mud starts to cake on after a good run. Of course a selectable nozzle with the low pressure "soaker" and "angle" setting is nice.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DJ1 beat me to it, was thinkin same thing An AEV rear bumper with the water storage and pressurized pump set up. Clean up you and the bikes etc
Old 07-27-2014, 01:30 AM
jpn
JK Enthusiast

Get either GU or 24 hr energy on board to fund some custom stuff for logo placement and build it as a stand alone unit for race ride days...

Park tools tool compartment on rear tail gate
Hitch mounted bike repair stand with park tools clamp
Rim rack in back on side for wheelsets
Fork mounts for inside bike hauling when needed
Outside air attatchment in rear for tubeless or tubed setups
Some lights back there for repairs
Bins for small parts and misc hardware
Canopy mount for rear section or off a roof rack to side for shade when n pits or hot or rain

Just some ideas....raced DH and free ride for alot of years it was my second family aside of my wife and kids

Last edited by jpn; 07-27-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Great input so far....

Wow.... Some excellent suggestions coming in for the TRAIL SEEKER JEEP project!! Thanks to (K0260, Davep22, DJ1, and jpn ) for really putting some thought into it. Our team is reviewing the info, and we are beginning to order some upgrades, accessories, and additional items to begin building the Jeep. Keeping in mind that it has to be comfortable to drive on the highway, ready to go off-road, and we want to showcase some of the best JEEP ACCESSORY products on the market, any additional thoughts?
For the guys mentioned above, that we thanked for their suggestions, please PM us with your address, we will send you a little gift of "Thanks".
Old 07-28-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a set of power cranks mounted to the passenger side floor, so your pal can get in a little last minute training before you spank him? Nahhh bad idea. Lol
Maybe a nice molded tool tray for the tailgate, to keep the necessities in place while traveling.
Some type of integrated storage system for helmets???
Are you looking more for ideas, for guys/gals that plan on doing major repairs away from home?
Some cool graphics involving gears and chains might be cool
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a large awning for shade and an interior fridge for cold beverages. Also maybe with the awning a curtain for changing clothes in privacy. Don't forget a stocked first aid kit.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would also consider a hot shower system. The changing room could also be used for a quick shower. I would also consider the ability to carry 2 bikes per person : perhaps optional roof mounts.

Maybe even a roof top tent to provide support for 24hr race teams.

Interior should have plenty of charging ports for; camera, phone, gps, hr monitors, etc. Good nav system to find the trails. Dual battery system to support the gadgets. Leather upholstery or high quality durable and washable seat covers like Trek Armor. I would some kind of cool entertainment system that could be used to display the pictures and videos from the ride. Good speakers so you can crank the tunes to get the blood pumping.

For lift and tires I would go with a quality 2.5 lift and 35s. I would consider front control arm brackets to maintain smooth ride and proper suspension geometry. Get aggressive AT tires to keep quiet ride. Make sure to upgrade brakes and steering components for increased dependability. Get some cool flat fenders and modify them to hold water bottles and beverages after the ride.

You could even go so far as to make a cool trailer. You could haul spare parts and have built in wheel truing stand and repair rack. More space to display sponsors and magazine.

Sounds like a fun project.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Mountain Bike Action magazine's Jeep build wants your input!