Concealed Weapons Permit Q

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Concealed Weapons Permit Q

Has anyone else noticed a time delay in obtaining a concealed weapons permit in their state? I have had mine for 3 years now and when I first applied it was fill out this form which included 3 references blah blah blah pay the $10 and 5 min later thank you sir see you next year. My wife just turned 36 in March and last week she said her driver’s license was expired and we needed to go renew it. This comes after a conversation a cop buddy and I had about the G26 I keep in the truck and she has started to carry in her purse when going to Wally World or to the gas station late at night. He said dude get her a CWP or when she gets pulled over she is in trouble. So I took her to the Sheriff’s office after getting her DL and thank you Mrs. We will call you when you can pick it up. Same form same $10 but now a 2-5 day wait? Did the rules change? Just trying to find out if the time frame is increasing everywhere. BTW Alabama here.
    RTR BAMA Is Back!

Here in Oregon the renewal is done in about 20 minutes while you wait. I've done renewals in both Washington County and Clackamas County and the ladies are super nice and helpful and it really quite painless except for the wallet.
    2007 Black Unlimited Rubicon - Traded In
    2008 Black Unlimited Rubicon - Bone Stock

Here in Va they have 45 days by statute. $50 please, but they will mail it to you now....
    NOW RETIRED, WHEEL WHEN I WANT. I HAVE NO MONEY, BUT THE JK IS PAID FOR....08 JK 4DR X , 24S PACKAGE,YELLOW,AUTO,DUAL TOPS ,3.73 LSD,STEPS,TIRE COVER, STUBBIE FRONT BUMPER MOD, XM CONVERSION, OVERHEAD HANDLES, BILLET FUEL DOOR,1.5 WHEEL SPACERS, 1.75 FRONT LIFT,JK STICKERS, 26000 gvw TRANNY COOLER,GT COVERS BALLISTIC NYLON SEAT COVERS, PRETTY GAL, A REAL TIN KNEE NOTE: THE USE OF ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE POSTED HEREIN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.GARY H.USAF 1970-76

We don't need permits here.So no wait.
    NOOBs click here!
    "Buy it. Build it. Break it. Fix it. Mod it. Run it. Mod it more. Laugh at posers. Run it some more. Have fun with friends on trails. Drink beer after. The End."
    Cirkus, ROF
    مسيحي (Christian) ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
    "It is just one small step from applied ethics to applied ballistics."
    JEEP green '08 RUBI

I live in Tuscaloosa, AL and its $20 here and I think it has always been a 5 day wait, atleast it was for me

Here in the Lone Star State it takes about 60 days to get a new license (CHL) Renewals are about the same, so make sure you send in your renewal in plenty of time to get your new license back before the old one expires.
    Texas Red Rock
    Rock All Day, Rock All Night

2007 Jeep Unlimited X
    4 Door Red Rock
    4" Superlift, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A 35"
    15*10 Crager Soft 8

In PA it only takes about 20 minutes and most of that is from filling out the application.
    Brian

07 Unlimited Rubicon Flame Red
    -6 speed

3" franken-lift, 35's and a few other extras

www.northridge4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedRock View Post
    Here in the Lone Star State it takes about 60 days to get a new license (CHL) Renewals are about the same, so make sure you send in your renewal in plenty of time to get your new license back before the old one expires.
    Correction....It used to take 60 days. People are waiting several months now.

I can't believe how cheap other states have it. We have to take a class which is about $100 - 150, then mail all our stuff in to Austin with another $140. Then we wait, and wait, and wait. Who'd of thought it would be such a pain to get a CHL in TX. After all, we still ride horses to work and wash our clothes in rivers.
    2007 2DR X
    3" Black Diamond Suspension
    35/12.50/15 BFG MT KM2
    15x8 MB72s
    OR-Fab Tire Carrier
    SmittyBilt Black Steps
    Bestop Instatrunk
    Bestop Cab Cover
    Yakima Spare Joe 2

I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.
    -Jack Handey

Firedog, I'm madison county, AL and it took me 2-3 MONTHS to get my CCW last year. AND I'M A FIREFIGHTER!!! My dad (also fireman) got his years and years ago, the sheriff's office just looked at his app. saw his occupation and issued on the spot! Now it takes MONTHS?? Yeah, get that girl a permit things are getting crazy around here. My wife is about to turn in her app. as well so she can carry my Airweight 642 when I get my M&P 9mm.

ok i am in birmingham, al. and i need to know of a good gun shop because i am looking to get a handgun.. also are there any shooting ranges around here i can take my wife to so that she can find a gun that she likes? she has shot my brother in law's 45 so its no big deal for her.. just dont know of any places around here..

thanks alot.

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast