Notices
Camping & Hiking General discussion forum regarding all things camping or hiking including hiking trails, great places to camp, camping or hiking gear and anything related to hiking or camping.

Mopar Jeep Trailer.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heeper
Thanks for confirming that the top is too heavy for one to handle. I'm getting close to retirement, and am looking forward to some long road/fishing trips, most of which would be solo, and was thinking about getting one of these.

The top folds down no problem with 1 person... trick is to not lock the legs so they pivot; lift it so it's vertical; then take a step sideways to where it's going down.. and then let it down slow.

If you lock the legs (like they tell you to) then it's kind of heavy and best with 2 people. if the top dropped it doubt it would break, it's built like a brick.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Top too heavy for one?

Thanks for responding to my old question! I'm still debating whether to get a camper to pull with my JKU now that I'm just working part time. You got me to thinking about these again, including the Livin Lite, non-Jeep branded version. One of the main reasons for my concern about set-up is due to rotator cuff surgery I went through last year, and never want to repeat. I should probably head to a dealer that carries these and try it for myself. Thanks again!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:44 AM
JK Newbie

I need one of the trailers!
Old 12-06-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but those trailers a sweet! I just picked up a utility trailer that I am going to attempt to build to pull behind my JKU to house my gear and hold a RTT
Old 12-10-2016, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by napene04
I know this is an old thread but those trailers a sweet! I just picked up a utility trailer that I am going to attempt to build to pull behind my JKU to house my gear and hold a RTT
How big of a trailer did you get and what was the price if you don't mind me asking? I'm torn between the route you're going or getting a light cargo trailer and building it up to use as a base camp.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kellen

How big of a trailer did you get and what was the price if you don't mind me asking? I'm torn between the route you're going or getting a light cargo trailer and building it up to use as a base camp.
I picked up a 4x6. Got it for $500 with spare. So many ways I could take this build. Haven't fully mapped it out yet.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

I know a lot of people in my area that build these kind of setups mainly for overland but it is quality work
Old 12-22-2016, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alaskanchoctaw
I know a lot of people in my area that build these kind of setups mainly for overland but it is quality work
Will definitely be an overland build. I have been looking at possible RTTs. Also trying to find a good container that I can use as water supply, adding water pumper to get a little pressure out of it, going to a pintel hitch and will be extending the neck out and adding a tray on the front for propane bottle, gas can, and chain box. Trying to decide if I want to put a lid on the trailer and a raised removable rack above it for the RTT, that way if I need to get something out of the front I can pop the lid up, grab and go... while being able to lock up my gear, or no lid, and just do a rack for the RTT...
Old 12-22-2016, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are still some good M416 trailers out there too. I used a website called mitula to find them and it sent me emails as new trailers came up for sale around the US. There are some overpriced trailers for sure but I found a great trailer that had already been renovated once with almost zero rust sitting in Florida for a great price. I had a trucker back haul it after dropping off a fishing boat in Florida which cost me less than the gas money I would have spent picking it up. I used a website for this too. I think it was called something like U-ship ? This little trailer is ready to go anywhere.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Nice! I have always wondered how people go about having larger items like that shipped to you!

Quick Reply: Mopar Jeep Trailer.