Notices
CenCal If you live in Central California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

You Were Spotted In Cen-Cal

Old 03-27-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Man you hit the motherload for Jeep trails. Shaver Lake area has many good trails. Dusy Ershim, Swamp Lake, and Coyote Lake are some of my favorite trails. Just a little North in the Stanislaus youve got Niagra Rim and a little further youve got the Rubicon and Fordyce.
When I lived out there for many years I had a full size Jimmy and it was a great rig but a bit large and always wanted to do the Dusy Ershim. Well I finally got to do that trail last September with some friends from S.D. and spent a few days in Clovis visiting old friends. I was driving around town in my stock 10A rubi except for front bumper with winch and 35s. Felt good to be back home for a while and in a Jeep that time.

We had planned to do the Rubicon but the fires had just shut it down like 10 days prior to us getting ready to run it. I think maybe that was a good thing since that enables us to do the Dusy instead, what a great trail!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by genesbro
When I lived out there for many years I had a full size Jimmy and it was a great rig but a bit large and always wanted to do the Dusy Ershim. Well I finally got to do that trail last September with some friends from S.D. and spent a few days in Clovis visiting old friends. I was driving around town in my stock 10A rubi except for front bumper with winch and 35s. Felt good to be back home for a while and in a Jeep that time.

We had planned to do the Rubicon but the fires had just shut it down like 10 days prior to us getting ready to run it. I think maybe that was a good thing since that enables us to do the Dusy instead, what a great trail!
We had a K5 Blazer on 35's with us when I went thru the Dusy. Truck was a bit narrower when we were done.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what I had always heard would happen so didn't even try it with that rig. With the Jeep there were many spots where the mirrors got folded up by trees, sometimes both at once and sometimes just one or the other. I was with 2 JKUs and a TJ on air suspension pulling military type trailer. The JKUs would leave us behind on the easy stuff but then we would be back on their tail when it got to the tuff stuff. Then they would say something like " you dang short wheelbases anyway ". A trail run that I will never forget.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just figured I would check in here, (have not been on in a few years). Good to see al least some action in CenCal. Who's up for wheeling this year? We will be on the trails pretty hard!

Tomorrow is a run at last chance canyon for the Porterville club, we will head to Bakersfield tonight rom Fresno to meet up with them the AM if anybody is interested.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by epic_4x4
So I just figured I would check in here, (have not been on in a few years). Good to see al least some action in CenCal. Who's up for wheeling this year? We will be on the trails pretty hard!

Tomorrow is a run at last chance canyon for the Porterville club, we will head to Bakersfield tonight rom Fresno to meet up with them the AM if anybody is interested.
I have to work tomorrow otherwise I would go. Im biting at the bit for the Sierra trails to open back up. Really lookin forward to this summers wheeling.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by genesbro
That is what I had always heard would happen so didn't even try it with that rig. With the Jeep there were many spots where the mirrors got folded up by trees, sometimes both at once and sometimes just one or the other. I was with 2 JKUs and a TJ on air suspension pulling military type trailer. The JKUs would leave us behind on the easy stuff but then we would be back on their tail when it got to the tuff stuff. Then they would say something like " you dang short wheelbases anyway ". A trail run that I will never forget.
All four sides of it had damage. Right rear quarter panel got torn almost all the way off. He wasnt geared right and aparently his 4low wasnt very low (I think he said it was 2:1). I think it could be done with better spotting and a truck that was geared to crawl.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this Jeremy?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

I'm here Jerm!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JEPITCH
I'm here Jerm!
Nice..... Now if we can just get the jeep dirty!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Nice..... Now if we can just get the jeep dirty!
Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: You Were Spotted In Cen-Cal