Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4th Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/25/14

Old 09-13-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4th Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/25/14

II's It's that time of year again everyone. If you're looking for a nice easy day out on the trails with the family/kids, then this ride is for you. For those of you that haven't been on this ride before, it is stock Jeep friendly. The pace will be slow and we'll be making plenty of stops for pictures and to let the kids blow off some steam.

This year, we will have groups running GREENS and GREEN/BLUE trails. That being said, I'm going to be in need of some experienced Rausch trail guides. Please let me know if you think you might be capable of leading a group.

I'll be keeping a running list of attendees in this post, and I'll update as often as I can. If you plan on attending, post in the thread and I'll put you on the list. I will not be keeping a "tmaybe" list, so please don't post until you're sure you will be attending. Include in your post if you will have kids with you and their ages. If at all possible, I'm going to try to keep kids of similar agesj in the same groups. Also post if you want to be in a GREEN or GREEN/BLUE group.

As we get closer to the date, I'll be posting more info regarding Rausch membership, meeting times, group assignments, etc. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask. You can either post them here in the thread, or PM me directly.

Thanks, and I hope to see everyone on the trails!

ATTENDEES:
GREEN 1
dcharge74 (lead)
daver
Sparkee
bilash31
bobbyphoto
JK505
AndyWentJKU

GREEN 2
Billbikes (lead)
ktownff
CRothermel
CFPS12345
Swift7777

GREEN/BLUE
Smashboogie4x4 (lead)
Spikesjk
TheDoubleD
Sargejk
muddyman184

Rausch Creek Membership Info
Membership | Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

Last edited by dcharge74; 10-24-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See you there and we will guide as well.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

That's the weekend AFTER my Texas Trip. If I'm not broken I'd like to go. I can't commit, yet.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to attend and try offroading for the first time in my stock jku sport. As long as nothing comes up I will be there. Thanks For Putting This Together.

Daver
Old 09-14-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

I want to lead, but I don't know if I can get off work. If I can't make it up Saturday I'll run a group Sunday for anyone who wants to stay or can't make it Saturday.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Bumpity bump!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope to attend it will be my first off road trip in my jeep and in 39 years hoping I will be able to make it
Old 09-21-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by htm7765
I hope to attend it will be my first off road trip in my jeep and in 39 years hoping I will be able to make it
Let me know when you're sure you can make, and I'll put you on the list. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Can you explain the difference in the 2 trail types. I'm trying to clear my schedule but I can't commit just yet
Thanks,

~~~Tony~~~
Old 09-21-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Speed Shop Tony
Can you explain the difference in the 2 trail types. I'm trying to clear my schedule but I can't commit just yet
Thanks,

~~~Tony~~~
Green trails are stock Jeep friendly. All green trails are passable in a bone stock sport with no mods.

Blue are a little more difficult. With a good spotter, a stock Rubicon would have minimal problems on MOST blues. At the very least, I'd recommend some undercarriage and definitely rocker armor to get through a lot of the blues.

Regardless of trail level, you will bang and scrape the control arm mounts, shock mounts, and factory skids. It's not something to worry too much about, but it takes a trip or two to get used to and comfortable with.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/25/14