Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hampton Roads sandblasting?

Old 08-30-2015, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hampton Roads sandblasting?

I have a bumper and rock rails that need cleaned up, anybody have any recommendation on shops to talk to? Maybe a rough idea on cost for something like this? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You may end up ahead if you buy a mini blaster from harbor freight and hit it real quick. Blast media is $10 and it would take care of your needs.

How much/ what do you need cleaned up? I know a guy with a little blaster but nobody said it's fun to run.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

This bumper, minus the hoop. JcrOffroad: Cherokee Front Winch Bumper - XJ Vanguard PreRunner and similar sliders. JcrOffroad: Cherokee Rock Sliders - XJ Classic. Sorry for not posting pics, but posting from a phone.

Last edited by axendo79; 08-30-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Are they coming bare from jcr or do they have something on them already? I've got zero affiliation with any club but I'm willing to help good folks out. I've got the mini and it wouldn't take long to strip if it's nothing insane. What are your plans for afterwards? Paint, rhino line, raptor kit, or just rattle can.

I bought bare steel and basically just scuffed then shot primer three times followed by five paints. If I can help and you're good people then shout.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

They came bare, and have been sitting for awhile. At the bare minimum, I would like the interior of the bumper corners cleaned up, and all if the rails. I just wanna get it cleaned up a bit and primed and painted so I can sell it. I'll keep you in mind once um ready, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads sandblasting?