Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlp10
I thought they closed that mill a few years ago. Anyway, the beach is ok. I grew up there and live in Norfolk now. Norfolk is good if you get the right area. Some of my friends at work live in Chesapeake and like it but I don't know why. Just kidding. Tidewater is a little bit of a drive to Franklin and traffic around here can be bad at times. If you are a Tech EE have you applied to NNS or NAVSEA? I am a ME and work on ships.
Good luck....engineering is a lot of fun. I tell people I get paid to do my hobby.

2007 Jeep JK

Yeah they did close this one a few years back. But in 2012 they reopened it making only fluff pulp. No more copy paper which was there biggest problem. I haven't applied to either of those places, but I know they both recruit heavily at Tech. The 3 I'm really between right now is Eastman Chemical in Kingsport, TN, MC Dean in Nova, and IP in Franklin.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Hello fellow VA Jeepers.. I'm currently from Pittsburgh, PA. I am relocating to Culpeper County for work on Jan. 1 2015. I was wondering what the laws were for Jeeps, like tires sticking out, flares, no flares, lifts, etc. I would appreciate any help and info on what's good and not good in the area.. Thanks in advance and I hope to see some of you around!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PGH08JK
Hello fellow VA Jeepers.. I'm currently from Pittsburgh, PA. I am relocating to Culpeper County for work on Jan. 1 2015. I was wondering what the laws were for Jeeps, like tires sticking out, flares, no flares, lifts, etc. I would appreciate any help and info on what's good and not good in the area.. Thanks in advance and I hope to see some of you around!
Here you go.
Virginia Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

Also your vehicle will have to be inspection once a year.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PGH08JK
my rig when I left VA, was compliant across the board. 3" with 35's on wheels with 4.25" back spacing. My tires stick out about 3-4" on all the way around. No issues with the fuzz. Coming from PA, you'll appreciate that part. Oh, I seem to recall front axle wheel spacers being illegal in VA. I can't recall exactly, but just look into it.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run spacers without any issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone near (100 miles) Richmond have a spare Rubicon rear axle i could borrow/buy. Bent my left rear at the flange. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
I run spacers without any issues.
If you balance and rotate tires yourself then you should have no issues. If you try to go to a shop and have them do it for you then usually they won't touch it with spacers. I imagine it is a liability issue if the spacers are the reason for any kind of failure. One of those "use them at your own risk" type of things I guess I can't imagine a cop actually getting on his hands and knees to check for spacers, but who knows.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have my vehicle inspected every year and pass with them. I also just had new tires mounted and balanced and haven't had any issues either. I guess some places could be picky about it though.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in Chesapeake. Just an fyi I guess.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NEED HELP IN FREDERICKSBURG! Buddies 14 JKU won't start after attempting light install! If you can help PM me ASAP please!!

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread