Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Red Cloud Off-Road, Woodbridge, VA 1/17/15

Old 01-30-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember being that stock guy that just wanted to play with my Jeep!! I have a lot of patience for anyone who wants to wheel as that is what Jeeps are all about. When we went to Rausch Creek we had a completely stock JK with us on 29" pizza cutter street SR-A's. That dude amazed me with his skills and allowed me to remember how awesome Jeeps are completely stock. I always recommend that people wheel their Jeeps stock as anyone can wheel a lifted and locked rig, but it takes a "special" person to wheel stock. Everything changes from the lines you pick to the obstacles you can tackle. The simple fact that these guys are willing to use their Jeeps off road and hang with us is awesome. Jeeping has always been something my son and I share as well. As others have said, half of the fun is meeting others, hanging out, telling stories of adventures, and getting dirty. Let's not forget that we are all out there to have fun!!!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let's plan a camping trip out to my farm. Bury the hatchet over a few cold ones and some 4wheelin.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

OK, I know I am a little slow and this video is really LONG, but I combined two of my favorite things..Jeeping and Pearl Jam . This from my dash cam when we went to Red Cloud. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjAXmd5Ny4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjAXmd5Ny4
Old 02-02-2015, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's so crazy how that steep down hill decent looks like nothing on video haha
Old 02-02-2015, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stubicon
yea it really doesn't do it justice at all, that was def pretty intense.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stubicon
Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
yea it really doesn't do it justice at all, that was def pretty intense.
I've been tempted to get a gopro because I've been wheeling about twice a month here lately, but I feel like everything we do will look like a speed bump on camera when it's really like climbing a cliff
Old 02-02-2015, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
OK, I know I am a little slow and this video is really LONG, but I combined two of my favorite things..Jeeping and Pearl Jam . This from my dash cam when we went to Red Cloud. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjAXmd5Ny4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjAXmd5Ny4
Great video. A good account of the day.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505
I've been tempted to get a gopro because I've been wheeling about twice a month here lately, but I feel like everything we do will look like a speed bump on camera when it's really like climbing a cliff
Yeah that one of reasons I like to8 video from outside of the vehicle. Plus at less I get to see it later from a different angle.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

I am so mad that I forgot, er.. Quinlin forgot, to push record for that hill climb Yeah, If I win the lottery I will have one at every corner and a few underneath That was my first attempt at this as that is my scuba camera for my dive videos. I didn't know how it would do. Just getting the mount to stay was a challenge!! Next time I'll stick it on the fender or something since it is rated to 140' underwater it should be good. Learn a little every time.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
I am so mad that I forgot, er.. Quinlin forgot, to push record for that hill climb Yeah, If I win the lottery I will have one at every corner and a few underneath That was my first attempt at this as that is my scuba camera for my dive videos. I didn't know how it would do. Just getting the mount to stay was a challenge!! Next time I'll stick it on the fender or something since it is rated to 140' underwater it should be good. Learn a little every time.
I'm looking at a gopro 3 right now, I'm not buying anything until my axle is under my jeep but afterwards I hope I can afford it. Still wondering whether it's worth $100 for 60 fps vs 30 fps.

Quick Reply: Red Cloud Off-Road, Woodbridge, VA 1/17/15