Notices
JK Performance This forum is dedicated for the selling of Jeep JK Wrangler performance parts and accessories. This would include items such as CAI, performance chips/tuners, and exhaust systems.

Best Storage Box or lockbox for 2-door JK

Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Storage Box or lockbox for 2-door JK

Hi All. I Finally got my hands on a 2014 JK 2-door and loving it! I'm a part time photographer and need to keep my photo gear secured when i might be away from my beloved Jeep for 6 to 10 hrs. on a photoshoot.

Question: Can anyone recommend a secured tool box I can instal where the back seat used to be. Don't care if its Diamond Plate Steel or Poly - as long as I can somehow secure it to the floor (like the hing brackets that hold the back seat - so I don't have to start drilling holes unless its absolutely necessary) and that I can lock the lid on it.

I don't want to occupy the entire rear cargo area I only need a total of 3.5' to 4' Cubic Feet of secured storage for my camera gear.

I've been scouring in the internet and cam across Dee Zee, Trail FX, Smittybuilt, Lund, UWS, etc. But most Storage/Lock Boxes are designed for Pick-Up beds and tailgates. I just need something that fits inside my compact 2-door JK without taking over the entire back half the vehicle.

Thank You in advance
Old 01-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Tuffy and Bestop have options that allow the rear seat to stay in place and their piece will bolt in there. The width of the cargo space is roughly 36" and it's high enough if your gear will fit.

Otherwise going the tried and true way may be your best bet. Pick a box you like and have someone help you build mounts for it.

Poly probably isn't the best option unless you just want your gear covered and as with all -security- related threads.....locks only keep honest people honest. If they want it, they'll take it.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Best Storage Box or lockbox for 2-door JK

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Tuffy and Bestop have options that allow the rear seat to stay in place and their piece will bolt in there. The width of the cargo space is roughly 36" and it's high enough if your gear will fit.

Otherwise going the tried and true way may be your best bet. Pick a box you like and have someone help you build mounts for it.

Poly probably isn't the best option unless you just want your gear covered and as with all -security- related threads.....locks only keep honest people honest. If they want it, they'll take it.

Thanks karls10jk, I guess I'll need to do some customization - and I probably have to use metal (not poly). And I know what you mean that if someone wants to take something and willing to take the risk they'll get it. but if they can't see whats in the box - it will help my odds.

Thanx for reply.
Jonnydare

Last edited by Jonnydare; 01-08-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

there are some great options that bolt into the trunk area, id stick with those. keep your rear seats and still have a solid steel trunk.

also, you posted this in the wrong area, as this is the for sale thread and in the performance section. may get more help elsewhere?

Quick Reply: Best Storage Box or lockbox for 2-door JK