Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Esc light

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esc light

When I am driving and I hit a bump/dip in the road (not necessarily a pot hole), my jeep rocks back and forth and my esc light flashes on and then makes my jeep brake for second. I know what a death wobble feels like and it isn't that. I have no idea what this could be. Thoughts?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like something with the traction control on your JK.
Probably a wire that is rubbing against something sharp when you hit the bumps and is shorting out.

My TJ does not have that newfangled and don't have to worry about it.

Not sure what the esc light represents though.

Might try pulling the fuse for that system to see what happens.

If still under warranty, might take it in also.

Todd
Old 03-21-2017, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ckindred
When I am driving and I hit a bump/dip in the road (not necessarily a pot hole), my jeep rocks back and forth and my esc light flashes on and then makes my jeep brake for second. I know what a death wobble feels like and it isn't that. I have no idea what this could be. Thoughts?
While you say it's not death wobble, it may be the start of it. Have you worked on any of the suspension parts lately or changed tire size?

Recommend you take a look at this for good measure - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...obbles-260145/
Old 03-21-2017, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

I have replaced track bar, drag link, and tie rod. All synergy products. My bushings on the stock track bar we're going bad and I started the death wobble. Now I don't have the same wobbly feelings, other than what I described.

Quick Reply: Esc light