Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Most annoying ads

Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Most annoying ads

I frequently try to browse jk-forum without logging in. Mostly, this is because I'm on other devices and don't want to enter my credentials on them. The pop up ads make the site almost unusable. The pop ups will lock up an iPad session. Please turn the stupid in-your-face ads off. I'm quickly finding this site to be too much trouble these days.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by texascodmw3
I frequently try to browse jk-forum without logging in. Mostly, this is because I'm on other devices and don't want to enter my credentials on them. The pop up ads make the site almost unusable. The pop ups will lock up an iPad session. Please turn the stupid in-your-face ads off. I'm quickly finding this site to be too much trouble these days.
Hi,

Please log in, and those ads will go away. I'm not sure why, but the majority of enthusiast communities (automotive, gaming etc.) are setup the same way.

Bob
Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi,

Please log in, and those ads will go away. I'm not sure why, but the majority of enthusiast communities (automotive, gaming etc.) are setup the same way.

Bob
Thanks for the response, but I explained the reason for not logging in. The credentials also expire quite often these days. The Verizon ad that pops up every few clicks usually locks my browser. The inline ads are not an issue. I don't see the benefit of debilitating the site for users that just want to take quick look. I've not noticed this behavior on the other forums I visit.

This forum has been very informative and I just hoped to share this before the irritation overcomes the site's value.

Cheers
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas.....I'm sorry to say but the massive internet brands company is not going to remove ads because a few of us don't like it. They make money from the ads since we don't pay to be here.

Even on the pay sites you'll still get some ad's. It's an unfortunate nature of the beast.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread, just voicing displeasure of auto-on sound on a video ad with no way to mute or stop. Thumbs down. Not sure if that's a guest feature or not. Still annoying.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:42 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbellyfoo
Old thread, just voicing displeasure of auto-on sound on a video ad with no way to mute or stop. Thumbs down. Not sure if that's a guest feature or not. Still annoying.
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know, is that on desktop or mobile?

Bob

Quick Reply: Most annoying ads