Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

New to JK-Forum.com? - Start Here!!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation New to JK-Forum.com? - Start Here!!

Welcome to JK-Forum.com. If you're new here and would like to know how you can use this forum to its fullest potential, you've definitely come to the right place! Below are five suggestions that should help you get started as well as guidlines you should be aware of before you start posting here:

Helpful Suggestions
GETTING STARTED
One of the first things I would suggest is that you post a message in the JK-Forum Registery. Then, find the Staging Area you belong to and introduce yourself. I think you will find that connecting with members who are local to you will make your experience here all the more fun.

MODIFYING YOUR JEEP/RECALLS & TSB'S
If you have a specific question regarding the modification of your Jeep, please take a moment and review the Modified Tech FAQ. I think you will find it to be quite useful as it covers a myriad of topics that do in fact get asked on a regular basis.

INSTALLATION & INSTRUCTIONAL WRITE-UPS
If you are looking for installation or maintenance instructional write-ups, please check out the JK-Forum Write-Up Index.

USING THE SEARCH
If you still cannot find what you are looking for, please try using the Forum Search Function. For tips on how to use the search effectively, check out the Search Tips Guide as it will show you how to produce optimal results.

Please Read Before You Post
MEMBERS
• We do encourage the open discussion of all products being manufactured or services being offered for the Jeep JK Wrangler, we would appreciate it if you could please refrain from posting contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses or direct links back to manufacturers or vendors (including eBay Store links or competing forums) unless they are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com. Please know that any posts containing such information will be edited accordingly as a courtesy to those who have chosen to help us out and as a way to insure their continued support of JK-Forum.com.

• If you haven't done so already, please visit our FAQ page and familiarize yourself with our Rules & Guidelines. These rules were provided to you at the time of registration and your approval of them was required in order to become a member here.

MANUFACTURER, VENDOR & JEEP RELATED BUSINESSES
• Unless you are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com, it is our policy to not allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, Jeep related businesses or even for-profit publications to participate on or openly solicit their products, services, or websites anywhere on JK-Forum.com, or contact our members though private messages. This would include a user name, signature and/or user profile that contains your business name, phone number, website address or direct link back to it.

• If you would like to become a sponsor of JK-Forum.com visit the Becoming an Advertising Sponsor page or contact me Private Message.

• If you are a sponsor of JK-Forum.com, feel free to create new threads and post responses anywhere on the site as well as answer any questions being asked about products and/or services you offer. However, we would appreciate it if you could please keep all new threads that are intended to be direct solicitations (i.e. announcements, specials, promotions, discounts, etc.) limited to the Sponsoring Manufacturer & Vendor Forum.

• Please be respectful of competing sponsors as well as the products they make and/or the services they offer.

• Undercover Pimping (Manufacturers, vendors, dealers or Jeep related businesses who register on the forum as average users and attempt to promote and solicit the products they make and/or the services they offer) will not be tolerated regardless if you are a sponsor or not and all suspicious threads and/or posts will be deleted accordingly. If you are a sponsor, you need to be sure to contact us and have your user title changed so that it reflects as much.

If you have any other questions on how to use this forum, please post a message in the help center and one of our moderators will assist you as quickly as possible.

Last edited by sm_rubi; 05-21-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
gsw
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how do you ask a question about a problem your having with your JK?
The following 2 users liked this post by gsw:
Jvidal (10-17-2021), Tanner ward (05-26-2023)
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2questions.
1: how do you subscribe to a thread? (unsubscribe?)
2:when i do a search, it send me to the bottom of the very last page of the forum instead of the top of the first. is that supposed to happen?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

How do I add information about my jeep at the bottom of my posts?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkjk
How do I add information about my jeep at the bottom of my posts?
Click "settings" at the top of the page. Then click "edit signature" on the left hand side of the page.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wgrin
Why do the mobile app posts not count towards your total number of posts? I'm away from my home computer a lot and rely on the mobile app.
Just wondering?
If you post in Anything and Everything, those posts will not count towards your total. Also the Registry. This may be whats affecting your count.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Ah, thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default How do you post profile pic?

Hello everyone,
I am new to this and I wanted to know how I change my generic profile pic to one of my Jeep?
I have pics in an album but I must have overlooked how to use one to change my profile pic.
Thanks (OlllllllO)
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ECU Pirate
Hello everyone,
I am new to this and I wanted to know how I change my generic profile pic to one of my Jeep?
I have pics in an album but I must have overlooked how to use one to change my profile pic.
Thanks (OlllllllO)
First are you talking about a profile pic in your profile or an avatar that is on the side of every post?
At the top of the page click on "Forum Actions"

Then select "General Settings"

Then on the left select "Edit Profile Picture" or "Edit Avatar" then follow the size requirements to upload.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by donnyk

I'm sorry but... I am in the same boat as OP. I am not that interesting of a person, I doubt I have 50 things to say :(

I do have some extra jeep parts that I've gathered and I'd like to free up space in my garage for more
I'm sure you can come up with 3 more posts. All you need to have now is a minimum of 5 posts to start a for sale thread. The requirements have been changed.

Quick Reply: New to JK-Forum.com? - Start Here!!