Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Random Redirects to App Store

Old 12-04-2016, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Redirects to App Store

Suddenly, any time I'm browsing threads, I get redirected to partner app pages. This happens 2-3 times every minute. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by renzo1200
Suddenly, any time I'm browsing threads, I get redirected to partner app pages. This happens 2-3 times every minute. Anyone else experiencing this?
I was using the IOS app and it started last night. I will address this with the IT guys.

R/
Will
Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using Garage Talk?
Old 12-06-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same issue if I use google or another search engine to look for a thread on Safari without being logged in.. I can find a thread and about halfway through reading it, I get redirected to app store trying to get me to buy a war game app... Tanks or something like that.. If I log in and read the thread I have no issues..
Old 12-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Hey Guys,

Please make sure you are logged in. Non logged in visitors see many more ads.

Bob..
Old 12-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

If this happends to anyone, and you are able, let us know which sites these ads are taking you to so we can look into the problem. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Also, if possible get a screen shot. IB is reviewing and removing Ad partners serving those type ads.

Bob..
Old 12-09-2016, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forum admins should understand how this kind of thing will negatively impact popularity. I won't sign up for every forum that I cruise by from a google search. I surfed this forum anonymously for some time before registering. I have to see the value in it first. The excessive ads and pop ups are bad enough. The redirects are a killer. I just quit trying those sites. I'm sure I'm not the only one ignoring certain sites because they are just too much trouble.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canvas
I was using the IOS app and it started last night. I will address this with the IT guys. R/ Will
yep same here. I was logged in as well, but seems to have stopped as I'm writing this.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by texascodmw3
Forum admins should understand how this kind of thing will negatively impact popularity. I won't sign up for every forum that I cruise by from a google search. I surfed this forum anonymously for some time before registering. I have to see the value in it first. The excessive ads and pop ups are bad enough. The redirects are a killer. I just quit trying those sites. I'm sure I'm not the only one ignoring certain sites because they are just too much trouble.
Hi,

We are all in agreement, they stink. The forum owner is actively responding to spam ads and removing them as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Bob

Quick Reply: Random Redirects to App Store