Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zone lift kits 4"

Old 02-28-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Zone lift kits 4"

I have a complete stock 2014 jeep wrangler unlimited sport that is completely bare bones. I am going to lift if 4" and I have 18" wheels and 295/70r18 nitto terra grappler tires for it. Was going bigger with the tires but couldn't pass up the price of these that someone needed to get rid of in a hurry because of job loss. I have read forums on lift kits, and peoples reviews and now my mind is just done and spent. I do drive a lot of dirt roads, but also is my daily driver. I love messing around in the hills and trails and feel once I get more involved I'm gonna want more and more. Right now I don't want to spend the money until I know for sure I will use it how it is suppose to be used. Oh and I am pretty rough on vehicles. I am thinking of purchasing the Zone offroad 4" kit for my jeep. Then I was gonna also purchase at the same time longer brake cables and toss the relocation brackets from kit. Gonna also purchase Synergy front quick disconnects, rear solid arms that say you can then use your stock uppers, front lower and uppers adjustable. Would this set up be a fair enough starter lift for me? This is my first jeep so I am learning along way. I want to stay at $2000.00 or less at this time seems like I should be able to get a good start at that price. Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4" is a lot of lift on a JK. Especially if your only going to run 35's. I would look at 2 1/2 to 3 1/2" lifts
Old 02-28-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default zone lift 4"

I looked at doing the smaller lifts but I plan on buying aftermarket drive lines over this summer and possibly aftermarket front and rear axles. I also plan on putting 37" tires on it as well. I thought that this would be a good cheaper alternative lift to get started at 4". I looked at the AEV dual sport lifts but have always planned on using adjustable arms and quick disconnects. Thought that that kit was a bit pricey if in a year or less I would be getting rid of half of the components. I'll take any suggestions I can get I just know I want 4" of lift. Thanks
Old 03-01-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go this route for a much higher quality lift and still have some cash left for additions to the lift.
I love my EVO 4"

http://www.northridge4x4.com/suspens...ls-evo1063-37?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

umm... read the stickies in the modified section and do a little searching on the multiple threads on lifts. Trust me you don't want a 4" lift to run those tires and won't want the zone coils if you are looking to drop that kind of money on axles and big rubber in the future. If all you care is about height and not the ride quality of your jeep just throw on any 4" coil and be done with it, no reason to buy a kit.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If you have not purchased those tires I would reconsider them as well even if it is a deal. Those tires are built for 3/4 ton an bigger pick ups and are a poor choice for a jeep and will result in poor off road traction and a rougher ride. At 33" you are not gaining much over the factory wheels as far as ground clearance or off road performance. I would not run those tires on a jeep if they were free.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Zone 3 inch lift and the coils are junk. With all the extra weight I have on my JK they are sagging like crazy. The shocks are not that great either. I am about to upgrade my shocks and coils. If you are going to put all the money it sounds like you are into your JK. You might as well spend it right and do it right the first time or you will just end up replacing later (like me). I bought my jeep with the lift already on it, but would would have gone a different route if I had picked my lift.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a pic of sagging zone coils.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 35s 3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	599205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 35s.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	599206  
Old 03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the help and information on the kit. I decided to go with the Rock Krawler 3.5 in mid arm kit, with bilstein 5100 series shocks. Also ordered the new front drive shaft. Hoping to get all on this next weekend if I am not to busy. Those tires I got are heavy tires and noticed that after the fact. That was my mistake. I have someone interested in them and might sell them and invest in some all terrain tires. When I do get it all on I will load some before after pictures. Hopefully all the snow piles will stay around another week to try to get some good pictures. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Zone lift kits 4"