Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

moab EJS 2009

Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ejs

Yes you select first, second, third and even fourth choices for each day you want to do a trail. We got our first choice for six days of trails. You'll see how it works when you get the paper they send out. Read their web site. Don't believe any of the negative comments about EJS. Yes, there are alot of people and it has to be organized accordingly but keep in mind that all the trail leaders, midgunners, tail gunners registration people etc. are all volunteers. Everyone I met was really friendly, helpful and informative. We had only one trail leader (on Flat Iron Mesa) who ran off and left his charges and had 40+ Jeeps spread over about 5 miles of mesa but that was the exception. Most were really professional and appeared to really enjoy introducing people to their home trails. You'll have fun, believe me!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

All the people are one reason we want to go then. We want to be right in the middle of all the fun and excitment!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went on 4 trail runs with the Red-Rock 4-Wheelers as the guides, and I have nothing but great things to say. They all were extremely nice people, courteous, respectful, and full of great knowledge and information. Of course, I was always there an hour before hand so I was right up front so didn't experience any accordion effects.

That is another tip I strongly suggest - get there early. You will enjoy staying on the leader's pace, as they take a pretty good amount of breaks at the harder obstacles. I was never at the back of the pack, but I can tell you I would've hated being back there, as people who were back there were always playing catch up with the rest of the group.

The whole lottery thing is a little overrated in my book...I registered 3 weeks before EJS, and, if I remember correctly, got all of my first or second choices, and was easily able to switch out trails during the week, albeit this year there was apparently less in attendence than in previous years.

ColinW
Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this sounds like fun and i've been wanting to go out there someday soon. so i'll try to save money up for this. so for now, just count me as tentative. got a range of dates that you are going, so i can mark my calander?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to wait until the boys are a little older.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey damnit add us Jersey JK's to the list too
Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I would love to go but I am saving up for Camp Jeep 2009..
IF there is a Jeep in 2009
Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Is this trip to Moab still a go? I might be interested in joining in. There's enough time still for me to do a little planning. I'm hoping to have my lift and 35's by Feb-Mar. I'm in Richmond btw, let me know.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

The forms usually come out in January I believe. All depends on Gas prices for us this year.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I would be interested in coming along on this trip. Tried to go last year, applied got the trails I wanted but timing was bad and could not make it out.

Quick Reply: moab EJS 2009