Notices
Fun in the Sun General discussion forum regarding all the fun things we Jeepers do with our Jeep JK Wranglers including camping, fishing, hunting, and geocaching.

What do you sleep on in Jeep?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hunting

Im in the military and anyone who is or was had experience sleeping on the army issued sleeping pad.. the only time I ever enjoyed this pad was using it on a hunting trip in the back of my jeep!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by cyclone.1983
So over the past few years I have gone through prob about 5 air mattresses while sleeping in my jeep. They were the cheaper colemans that cost prob 30 bucks.

This year, I was going to try and find an alternative. What do you guys sleep on. My g/f has to be comfortable, so softness is key.

I wondered if maybe a better mattress would not puncture as easily? Or what are some alternatives?
My wife
Old 11-05-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by talcaraz

These look great! I am definately going to check these out! I agree...a little extra money to save my back is well worth it!!
I went ahead and bought one of these, and took it with me on a trip to the Rubicon in July.

It is by far the most comfortable sleep pad I have EVER slept on! I can't express how comfortable this sleep pad is! Its a bit pricey, but allows me to have a really great sleep while tent camping...WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jahbone
Since I switched to a self-inflatable sleeping pad (not an air mattress), I will never go back to air mattresses. These pads hold their air all night, and are very comfortable. They self-inflate enough when you unroll them, that you could probably sleep on them as-is, but I spend another 15 seconds to puff them up nice and firm.

I got the REI 3.5" sleeping pad- you can go thinner, but my 38-year-old spine thanks me for this. I can set this right on a rock (I actually slept outdoors on concrete with this pad and woke up refreshed).

REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad

They also sell a cheap kit that straps one pad to a second pad, making a dual sleeper if you have a companion. Just keeps the pads from sliding apart. My girl and I have identical pads and sleeping bags which zip together so it's easy to go solo or make a big bed for the two of us.
I went ahead and bought one of these, and took it with me on a trip to the Rubicon in July.

It is by far the most comfortable sleep pad I have EVER slept on! I can't express how comfortable this sleep pad is! Its a bit pricey, but allows me to have a really great sleep while tent camping...WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the self inflating sleeping pad.

Also for sleeping in the JK, get something between your feet and the tailgate, that metal gets cold at night. Also, I would wrap something around the jeep to keep cold air from blowing underneath.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

What do u guys do about the gaping crack in the middle of the back where the hinges to the backseat are positioned?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slaw ninja
What do u guys do about the gaping crack in the middle of the back where the hinges to the backseat are positioned?
I stuff a blanket or towels at first. After a couple of days out, it turns into my laundry basket (inside plastic bags)...
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I sleep on the girlfriends boobs.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Slaw ninja
Look here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...torage-178549/

Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use two swing seat pads staggered to smooth out the folded seat height difference, right size and comfy.

Quick Reply: What do you sleep on in Jeep?