Notices
General Junk If you've got non-JK related stuff that you want to get rid of, please post them for sale in this forum.

M101A2 with CVT Mt. McKinley RTT and Jeep Wrangler matching axle - Georgia

Old 03-15-2017, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M101A2 with CVT Mt. McKinley RTT and Jeep Wrangler matching axle - Georgia

After building this setup a year or so ago and then only using it for a total of 8 nights I've decided to go a different route. Motorcycles have worked their way back into my life so I need to be able to pull my utility trailer with bikes and camp out of the truck. I'll be moving to a smaller RTT on the truck for this purpose and need to move my current setup to a new owner. Here it is:

Build thread is here: LINK

The basics:

M101A2 Trailer tagged and registered in GA
3500# Dexter axle with electric brakes and EZ-Lube hubs matching Jeep Wranger JK 5x5 lug pattern
5 Jeep Wrangler rims with tires, 2 mounted on the trailer axle and the other 3 will come with it
Max Coupler hitch system
Tail lights / reverse lights and break away trailer brake all installed and working
CVT Mt. McKinley 6 person RTT with annex room (annex room never used) and PVC floor.

Located near Clarkesville, GA. Willing to negotiate delivery within the SE. Asking $4900 OBO.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you use as prime mover? Did you use a JKU? What year? Auto or manual? How did it handle? Weight of the trailer empty (not tent and such) is about 750 lbs, correct?
Old 03-25-2017, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OverKill
What did you use as prime mover? Did you use a JKU? What year? Auto or manual? How did it handle? Weight of the trailer empty (not tent and such) is about 750 lbs, correct?
Pulled it with a 2015 JKU, auto transmission. No problems pulling it around at all on road or off. I've never weighed it but the stock weight is around 1200 I believe. I've stripped off the heavy military axle and rims, pintle hitch and surge brake equipment and it obviously doesn't have the wood rails, bows or tarp cover any longer. Putting the tent on has obviously added a few hundred pounds back on. If I had to guess it's probably in the 1000 - 1100 lb range.

I've loaded it with the rest of our camping gear and enough water / firewood for a 4 day trip and had no problems hauling it around with the JKU.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gallowbraid

Pulled it with a 2015 JKU, auto transmission. No problems pulling it around at all on road or off. I've never weighed it but the stock weight is around 1200 I believe. I've stripped off the heavy military axle and rims, pintle hitch and surge brake equipment and it obviously doesn't have the wood rails, bows or tarp cover any longer. Putting the tent on has obviously added a few hundred pounds back on. If I had to guess it's probably in the 1000 - 1100 lb range.

I've loaded it with the rest of our camping gear and enough water / firewood for a 4 day trip and had no problems hauling it around with the JKU.
I am sending you a pm

Quick Reply: M101A2 with CVT Mt. McKinley RTT and Jeep Wrangler matching axle - Georgia