Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK-Forum Great Lakes Get Together at the IROHVA in Gilbert MN June 20-22 2014

Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the Pavilion reserved for Saturday night. She only let me reserve it for one night.

I am not sure if my wife and son are coming up with me for the whole weekend or just for Friday night and wheeling on Saturday. My son leaves for a week at camp on Sunday so he may need to go back home and get all that stuff packed up.

The campsites up there are pretty big and they don't normally mind if there is more than one tent/rig in a campsite. If you come back up for the Crawl 4 the Cure you will see the campground completely packed.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I got my MN trail permit in the mail. I'm itching to wheel.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OhhSeven
I got my MN trail permit in the mail. I'm itching to wheel.
They make it sound like it needs to be on your jeep but don't waste your time. I was the only one in my group to put it on my windshield and it's faded to the point of not being able to read it. The others left them in their center console and no issues by the park rangers.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by Atch
They make it sound like it needs to be on your jeep but don't waste your time. I was the only one in my group to put it on my windshield and it's faded to the point of not being able to read it. The others left them in their center console and no issues by the park rangers.
Agreed. When I bought my first one in 2009 or something it was a sticker that you put on your plate. Now they give you this plastic paper thing that you need to cut off and stick to your window. I figured I'd just toss it in the glove box and move on. I doubt they'd give me any hassle about it but if they do I'll deal with it then.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Agreed. When I bought my first one in 2009 or something it was a sticker that you put on your plate. Now they give you this plastic paper thing that you need to cut off and stick to your window. I figured I'd just toss it in the glove box and move on. I doubt they'd give me any hassle about it but if they do I'll deal with it then.
I stick mine on every year because I know It gets removed via new windshield every year lol
Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

I need to renew me sticker this year. I can't believe I have to, I have never kept a Jeep long enough to have to renew the sticker.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default 32 sites still open

I haven't figured out exactly when I'm going to head up (either during the day or wait until after work). I'd like to be there before sundown to setup camp. You're on the other side of the cities from me but we might be able to setup a meet spot off of 35 somewhere. I'm always up for a convoy. If you have a CB it makes the drive much shorter and more interesting in my opinion.

You're right, the site on the dead end road on the south west part of the campground are all no water/no electric tent sites. I'm in E6.

Attachment 545513
I'm in E5 right next to you at the end of the road (the first place bears would attack). All of the tent only sites (aside from yours and mine) are still open on that dead end road. No water no electric. I used Sunrise Reservations | Select Campground too book. Pretty slick and you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance with only a $5 cancellation charge so not a bad option for anyone out there unsure of your level of commitment at this point. You can go to that website and see which spots are still open (in green) by selecting the dates. You don't have to set up an acct. or put in any personal info just to go as far as to see which sites are open.

Anyone out there have advice on the best aftermarket brand sway bar disconnect for a 2008 Sahara? Easy to install? I'm running a stock rig and thinking about making it a little more Gilbert worthy ahead of time.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by empty_pockets

I'm in E5 right next to you at the end of the road (the first place bears would attack). All of the tent only sites (aside from yours and mine) are still open on that dead end road. No water no electric. I used Sunrise Reservations | Select Campground too book. Pretty slick and you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance with only a $5 cancellation charge so not a bad option for anyone out there unsure of your level of commitment at this point. You can go to that website and see which spots are still open (in green) by selecting the dates. You don't have to set up an acct. or put in any personal info just to go as far as to see which sites are open.

Anyone out there have advice on the best aftermarket brand sway bar disconnect for a 2008 Sahara? Easy to install? I'm running a stock rig and thinking about making it a little more Gilbert worthy ahead of time.
I have teraflex quick disconnects. They do the job. I would recommend those but I've never used any others. In the snow and mud they kind of suck because you have to get in there but it is what it is.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

If you don't mind the cost I'd recommend SwayLoc. Best on the market I believe.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

I'd recommend JKS quicker disconnects. Easy install and not overly expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/JKS-2034-Swayb...er+disconnects

Quick Reply: JK-Forum Great Lakes Get Together at the IROHVA in Gilbert MN June 20-22 2014