Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.
View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW?
Yes
77.62%
no
9.32%
cant get one in the state I live in
9.56%
im too young but will get one when im of age
3.50%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have your CCW?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agentjohnson
I would. All your cards are out in the open. No surprises. I'll take that element every day.
How fast are you on the draw? I can pull and put 6 center of mass on you in under 1.5 seconds, even with a vest youll be on your back sucking for air against .45 full metal jackets.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote has 2 answers I have mine for Wa St. But I moved to Cali and not an easy task here in this state.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim

How fast are you on the draw? I can pull and put 6 center of mass on you in under 1.5 seconds, even with a vest youll be on your back sucking for air against .45 full metal jackets.
A bad guy won't have to be fast, just observant. He can see that you are a deterrent to his evil doings. It would be as simple as eliminating the deterrent from behind.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Didn't know Haley strategic did a wheel gun operator course?

This I gotta see, video or it's just flat bs
Old 10-31-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Gotta love being in an open carry state. Only need a CCW if you want to hide your weapon here, I have a 7" barrel Schofield .45, I aint about to hide it, its on a belt in a holster, 24 rounds on the belt, 6 on the holster, 6 in the schofield, a few hundred in my ammo bag. I also have my trench knife hanging on the gunbelt, 8 inch doubled sided razor sharp with a tip that will punch a hole in steel plate with a half inch thick hardened steel knuckle guard for breaking things like faces and a skull buster that will make short work of a helmet. No, I would not **** with me.
next time I'm in your neck of the woods, we can get together and sim knife fighting. I would like to see your skill set. Why? Just to check my own after a few years of CQB & tactical knife training. Oh, and inside of 25', you aren't doing anything with a gun against a guy with a knife. Particularly, trained person with a knife. Statistical fact. One question, where is the knife held in order to be most effective during a good pig sticking match?

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 10-31-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
What's that supposed to mean? That's not even related to the question.
I never wanted to be a sheep herder, but I will choose to be a shepherd.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

I just got my CCW couple weekends ago. I live in Colorado, there is an open carry law here but also concealed law as well.

For years have been asking people to teach me how to shoot so i knew how to protect myself and not be scared of them (was scare of guns because did not understand about them mostly). Few weeks ago said **** it im gonna go take a class to learn how to shoot and about safety. Also got my CCW certificate the next day. That weekend was full of firearm classes haha. Now i love it. I love knowing how to shoot for fun at the range but also just in case something happens. Could be out wheeling and something crazy happens where you need protection or other crazy people on the daily basis. I wanted home protection as well as when im wheeling. Plus never know with these elections coming up what will happen. Im still trying different handguns to figure out what one i want to buy. But leaning toward the Sig Sauer P238 .380 since i have tiny hands and like how it shoots.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chibi.jeep.girl
I just got my CCW couple weekends ago. I live in Colorado, there is an open carry law here but also concealed law as well. For years have been asking people to teach me how to shoot so i knew how to protect myself and not be scared of them (was scare of guns because did not understand about them mostly). Few weeks ago said **** it im gonna go take a class to learn how to shoot and about safety. Also got my CCW certificate the next day. That weekend was full of firearm classes haha. Now i love it. I love knowing how to shoot for fun at the range but also just in case something happens. Could be out wheeling and something crazy happens where you need protection or other crazy people on the daily basis. I wanted home protection as well as when im wheeling. Plus never know with these elections coming up what will happen. Im still trying different handguns to figure out what one i want to buy. But leaning toward the Sig Sauer P238 .380 since i have tiny hands and like how it shoots.
Get the 938.

Just a suggestion.

.380 loadings are adequate that's not my representation at all. But sticking with NATO calibers like the 9x19 is a good bet for availability just about anywhere. The battery of arms for the 238 and 938 are identical obviously, only a bit longer on the grip for the ever so slightly larger round.

Regardless of what you get, just carry it. Good to see your enthusiasm about self reliance and self defense. We need more of that in society today.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have one because I don't need one in Arizona. Any legal gun owner can carry concealed.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
Get the 938. Just a suggestion. .380 loadings are adequate that's not my representation at all. But sticking with NATO calibers like the 9x19 is a good bet for availability just about anywhere. The battery of arms for the 238 and 938 are identical obviously, only a bit longer on the grip for the ever so slightly larger round. Regardless of what you get, just carry it. Good to see your enthusiasm about self reliance and self defense. We need more of that in society today.
Thank you for the suggestion! Ill definitely try it out and see how i like it.

Quick Reply: Do you have your CCW?