First hunt ever. Hog with 300 blackout and night vision.

Default First hunt ever. Hog with 300 blackout and night vision.

Hunted on a guy's 1000 acre lot. Fair price just northeast of Houston. Nice set up for a guaranteed hog. Has rams and other game too.

This was my first hunt ever. Went and bonded with the brother in law. I brought my new 300 blackout (unsuppressed, still waiting for nfa trust), 125 grain Remington accutip. Shot with pulsar n550 night vision scope/camera at about 60 yards. Bullent went through both lungs but missed the heart so I put a hollow point in her head.

Amazing experience. Nice to have the jeep out there, great company, and good people. Harvested some good meat, now on ice water bath with some vinegar and lemon juice for the day before the BBQ tomorrow.

Thought I'd share. Next time I'll see if I can hook up the video out on the scope to record.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1998292985.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	357935  
    Last edited by cosmokramer; 08-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.

I do miss hog hunting in GA and AL. I was never all buck rogers though haha. It's a lot of fun, especially when you come across a big group, thank god for semi-automatic
    2009 2 Door Wrangler Sport
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (6.1 Liters of AWESOME!!)

"American parachutists - devils in baggy pants - are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night: they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere." - German Officer's journal captured during WW2 about the 82nd ABN DIV
    www.northridge4x4.com

Where were you hunting at?

Looks like you had a blast.

Default Hog wild adventures

I went to Hog Wild Adventures in Kingwood. His webpage (first one that comes up in google under hog wild adventures) is pretty minimal compared to some others, but the place is awesome. Definitely had large boars and huge sows, but I went for a medium sized one for some good eatin meat and didn't want to waste it either. Plus it was my first hunt, so I just concentrated on getting as clean of a shot as possible so when this one turned broad side I took my time and took the shot.

Even during the day you can see hundreds of hogs there, but for me, it was going to be too hot, and we wanted to try night hunting. They are there and plentiful. Great place to start out.

Sounds awesome. Did you use dogs or were you in a stand?
    2012 JKUR
    3.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer Lite
    35x12.5x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    ATX Crawl
    Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper w/ Brawler Bar
    Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Skid
    Poison Spyder Bombshell Covers Front/ Back
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid

Nice. I got these last week! put a couple bottles of vinegar and one blended pineapple per pig.. Good food.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3356304338.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	358057  

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cosmokramer View Post
    Hunted on a guy's 1000 acre lot. Fair price just northeast of Houston. Nice set up for a guaranteed hog. Has rams and other game too.

This was my first hunt ever. Went and bonded with the brother in law. I brought my new 300 blackout (unsuppressed, still waiting for nfa trust), 125 grain Remington accutip. Shot with pulsar n550 night vision scope/camera at about 60 yards. Bullent went through both lungs but missed the heart so I put a hollow point in her head.

Amazing experience. Nice to have the jeep out there, great company, and good people. Harvested some good meat, now on ice water bath with some vinegar and lemon juice for the day before the BBQ tomorrow.

Thought I'd share. Next time I'll see if I can hook up the video out on the scope to record.
    Nice rifle you have on your scope there I kid, just jealous because I don't have night vision Nice looking hog too, bet it was good.

ETA: I've got 200 rounds of subsonic 230g sitting in the stockpile but no .300 upper to shoot them from

Mat, no blind. The guy kinda sets you up in an area where there are going to be hog activity, and we scouted out a bit then set up.
    Indy, nice hogs! Now that we have some experience, I hope to match yours. Great pic.
    Valkyrie, yeah it's huge for sure. But it's a semi affordable option for night vision. I love it. If you end up getting 300 blackout, you'll like the community. So far a lot of enthusiasm about it, and it's fun. It's supposed to shine when it gets suppressed, and I hope for me that will be soon.

Its great to see the 300AAC at work. Not surprised it went completely through. What did the other side look like? Big exit wound? What did you use for your final kill shot?
    2012 Triple Black Rubicon Unlimited | 6 Speed with Brown Leather Interior | Rancho 4" Sport Suspension System | LOD Mid Front and Full Rear Signiture Series Bumpers | Engo e9000s Winch | Mamba M5's 18x9 5"BS +0 Offset | Goodyear Duratrac 325/65/18's | Bushwhacker Fender Flares | Banks Stinger System Intake and Cat Back Exhaust | ARB On-Board Air CKMTA12 | Windshield Mounted KC 100 Watt Slimlites | Bumper Mounted KC 130-Watt Long Range Light | Rugged Ridge A Pillar Switches

11. Default JK-Forum