Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

I hate gun shows .....

Old 10-05-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate gun shows .....

I hate gun shows ... I end up spending too much money. Wifey and I went to the Eagle Arms gun show in Oaks today, looking for a nice 12 gauge trap gun for her and I ended up with this abomination (thanks babe) .... (my first venture into both a 1911 and 45 auto) Never did get a trap gun, but we picked up some tasty jerky.

Allow me to introduce my (new to me) Ruger SR1911 Custom, with Crimson Trace front activated grip & ported slide. She has had trigger work and an extended slide lock put on as well.

RANGE REPORT

Well I took this fine firearm to the range today, if/when I can get my hands perfectly steady it's, as Marisa Tomei said in 'My Cousin Vinny', "dead on balls accurate".

My first few shots from the gun using American Eagle FMJ rounds.

Second set using Remington Golden Saber +P JHP rounds.

Third I used a few semi wad cutter reloads a friend (yes I have one or two) gave me and some more of the American Eagle FMJ rounds.

Wifey, as she has done with nearly every gun she has ever picked up was tearing the center out of the target too. It's a nice, decent looking and great firing gun.

On all three of the above targets I used the Crimson Trace laser, really something to be said about a properly zeroed in laser. For a few of the shots I had the gun slightly lower than my line of sight using only the laser and I hit where I was aiming.

..... and off we go.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best time to go is on the last day, hour or less before show ending. Then always make good deals at that point. The dealers just don't want to return back to the shop with goodies in tow.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been thinking about picking up a crimson trace also.. hear lots of good things. Feels like 'cheating', but then again... When the bad guy is looking back at you in the dark of night, who cares how to achieve the end result- as long as it's achieved. I have the Glock GTL22 on my .45 and love it... but then again, I'm not holstering it.

Gun shows.. love/hate relationship with me as well. Nice looking .45 man!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I purchased a Rock Island a couple of different times at the gun show. One of them had a weak spring and was jamming. I sent it back to the Manufacturer and they did a fantastic job of fixing it. You can't go wrong with a 1911
Old 10-06-2014, 12:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yeti836
been thinking about picking up a crimson trace also.. hear lots of good things. Feels like 'cheating', but then again... When the bad guy is looking back at you in the dark of night, who cares how to achieve the end result- as long as it's achieved. I have the Glock GTL22 on my .45 and love it... but then again, I'm not holstering it.

Gun shows.. love/hate relationship with me as well. Nice looking .45 man!
I get the cheating feeling if you're competition shooting and not everyone has it, but otherwise any advantage is a good thing. The targets were 6 inches round at 40 feet and my first ever shot with the gun was an inch off center, yea I'm happy with it.

I asked a 1911 whore I know to tell me how much it was worth (after holding and shooting it) his guess was spot on as to what I paid. I think it's the first gun show impulse buy that I didn't over pay for something.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome!! I have a .45 Auto, but not a 1911. Always wanted a 1911, and you can't go wrong with ruger!

My S & W bodyguard has crimson trace on it, integrated onto the frame under the barrel. Pretty cool feature.

Nice looking 1911 though! I'm jealous!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recently bought the Taurus 1911 in a 9mm and have been very happy with its performance. I got it used and only paid $375 for it.

Quick Reply: I hate gun shows .....