Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Shotgun defense storage

For those using the shotgun for home defense, where do you keep it to make sure you can get to it quickly when needed?

Pistol seems easier, but would also like to hear suggestions.

we got a small walk in closet in bedroom... mounted the shotgun to wall behind hanging clothes... out of sight, easy access.
    White 09 unlimited X
    Black 17" XD Addicts w/ de-plastic Mod
    35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's
    2.5" Teraflex Full lift kit w/ Shocks
    AEV front bumper w/ Super Winch & IPF Lights
    LOD rear bumper/tire carrier w/ trail rack & Rotopax

JK Freak

At night, just sleep with it - no not like that.

And don't leave one in the chamber.
    2012 Bright White 2 Door Soft Top 6 Speed

jdk

Leaning against the wall behind the night stand, it is a sawed off so it fits well.
    2007 Rubicon 6 speed, lift ,tires,lights,extras,and a couple of scratches that wont buff out !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDillClinton View Post
    At night, just sleep with it - no not like that.

And don't leave one in the chamber.
    This i can agree with. I have a m4 variant rifle in a gun sock at the head of my side of the bed right up against the wall. Charging handle back, ready to go. Note, I never have kids, or pets around. Mag is always separate, and usually just under the mattress.

Before I had the ar it was a 12 gauge, same spot, same setup. If i work nights, it moves to the girls side of the bed just for quick access. Also handy is a knife and pepper spray, just in case. I am a little paranoid i guess

Looks like you are also in CA so scratch the ar, you guys have some funky laws about that type of stuff
    07 X 1/2 Doors 6 Speed Lift 33s 4.10s

Loaded not chambered in the closet works for me. Look up Shotlock dot com they make a great locking sleeve that covers the trigger and receiver but releases easily for deployment with a combo type lock.

Jer
    Tonight's forecast: Mostly dark with an increasing chance of daylight as the evening progresses.

Got this off a gun forum a few years back and it works great-

Two of those plastic covered screw in hooks of a larger size screwed into studs inside my bedroom closet above the door. Open the door, reach up, grab shotgun.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/20-piec...set-67587.html

It's loaded. Not giving someone any time longer than it takes me to push the safety off.

Oh, pistol is easier but not a fight stopper. Better than a rock or a stick but a pistol is just for fighting your way back to your long arm.
    No Jeep. Plans now delayed indefinitely.

Have the AR and the pistols under the bed loaded but locked in a case. The Shotgun is in a Vline shotgun safe mounted vertically on the wall by my nightstand - loaded and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sa29560

This i can agree with. I have a m4 variant rifle in a gun sock at the head of my side of the bed right up against the wall. Charging handle back, ready to go. Note, I never have kids, or pets around. Mag is always separate, and usually just under the mattress.

Before I had the ar it was a 12 gauge, same spot, same setup. If i work nights, it moves to the girls side of the bed just for quick access. Also handy is a knife and pepper spray, just in case. I am a little paranoid i guess

Looks like you are also in CA so scratch the ar, you guys have some funky laws about that type of stuff
    You shouldn't store an AR type rifle with the bolt locked back to the rear (if that's what you meant by Charging handle back).

People, you all are maniacs .... Looks like you live in civil war time. Don't you use some claimors around your house? Being prepared is the best safety, but to sleep with a gun.....
    There is only one....

2007 white JK 2d Rubicon,
    2" Mopar lift, 35" NITTO MG,
    Ripp SC, Mile Maker winch, ARB bumpers,
    Daystar lights, Bestop all-seasons doors,
    BW fenders, all leather and billet interior,
    Full RR armor, Phantom audio and NAV,
    And more and more and more.... $$$$$$$

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast