Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Shotgun defense storage

Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper71

You shouldn't store an AR type rifle with the bolt locked back to the rear (if that's what you meant by Charging handle back).
Oh no, absolutely not. Sorry if I was not clear.

Pmag in, charging handle back, ready. I do have the phase 5 ebr v 2 so it would be easy to just slap the bolt forward, but for storage, I agree with you. That way the dust cover can do its job, and I don't have to worry about my rifles internal parts.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AlexTen
People, you all are maniacs .... Looks like you live in civil war time. Don't you use some claimors around your house? Being prepared is the best safety, but to sleep with a gun.....
Hey its the girlfriends idea, who am I to object???
Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you's guy"s live that you have to arm yourself's like a horror movie. I think having all that fire power close at hand and the alarm system goes off, you are groggy and the adrenaline is running, It would make for a easy quick fire by mistake that you will have to live with the rest of your life. Defending your selves is one thing, being armed and ready to shoot is red neck.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by viking
Where do you's guy"s live that you have to arm yourself's like a horror movie. I think having all that fire power close at hand and the alarm system goes off, you are groggy and the adrenaline is running, It would make for a easy quick fire by mistake that you will have to live with the rest of your life. Defending your selves is one thing, being armed and ready to shoot is red neck.
Viking is back, crying about stuff that scares him. Sorry dude, men in the states like guns. I'm actually not a red neck, surprise surprise. Profiling only works when you are not an idiot
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There were recently two murders of Coast Guardsmen in Kodiak, AK. Youre damn right I keep a shotgun handy, as is my god given right. Only difference is, I am a redneck, born and raised. Beats being a Canook! As for my storage locations, walk in closet at home, between the driver side rear seat and the roll cage when i'm out. Benelli Super Nova Tactical.

Last edited by Blakspire; 04-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are the crazy ones who think that nothing will ever happen to you and wrap yourselves in bubbles. And how are you suppose to defend yourself when you wake up and someone is kicking in your door? Takes me at least a minute to find my keys and unlock my safe and load everything. Time is not on your side when your "planned" visitor is armed as well. I keep my glock mag half in and unloaded next to night stand with slide back so I can jam mag in and release slide down in seconds. That seems most safe to me, when I wake up first thing I do is put it back in the safe. Better to have it ready and not need it than something happen and I'm not able to protect my family, that's my biggest fear way over what some prep city boy thinks about someone having a loaded gun in their house.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sa29560
Viking is back, crying about stuff that scares him. Sorry dude, men in the states like guns. I'm actually not a red neck, surprise surprise. Profiling only works when you are not an idiot
ha ha no guns don't scare me it is the idiots that have there god given rights to bare arms that scares me. Most people are sane good intelligent and logical. But the the small percent should not be allowed to hold a toy gun. All this right to bare arms is out dated. It was drawn up in the time of the civil wars I believe. Not up on American History. It is not the wild west out here any more. I agree with protecting your family and home, but to have loaded guns close at hand well you might as well strap on a colt and sling a rifle over your shoulder too.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viking

ha ha no guns don't scare me it is the idiots that have there god given rights to bare arms that scares me. Most people are sane good intelligent and logical. But the the small percent should not be allowed to hold a toy gun. All this right to bare arms is out dated. It was drawn up in the time of the civil wars I believe. Not up on American History. It is not the wild west out here any more. I agree with protecting your family and home, but to have loaded guns close at hand well you might as well strap on a colt and sling a rifle over your shoulder too.
Get out of here..
Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lmao. Your reasoning makes no sense. Why are you worried about people who keep loaded guns at their bedside? Don't come into my house without knocking at 3am and there is nothing you have to be afraid of. There are crazy people who have guns, yes...I'm sure everyone is aware of this. You start limiting those rights to people and the ones who use them safely will be without and the ones who misuse them will get their hands on one in one way or another. Right to bear arms is....just American just like the vehicle you drive. People died in gun fights and western showdowns back in those days, what makes you better than any of those people to say that things now should be different. As long as those crazy people are around, so will my gun be loaded and ready.

Last edited by Unforgivable; 04-21-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AJMBLAZER
Got this off a gun forum a few years back and it works great-

Two of those plastic covered screw in hooks of a larger size screwed into studs inside my bedroom closet above the door. Open the door, reach up, grab shotgun.
20 Piece Storage Hook Set
My piece of mind (870 Marine Mag) is on a shelf I built inside my walk in just above the door too.

Quick Reply: Shotgun defense storage