Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

What Pistol do you carry daily?

Old 05-26-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil

I use a kydex IWB I picked up off Ebay. I usually wear it on the hip, but it can easily be appendix carried. One thing I really like about the IWB kydex holsters is that when you carry with one in the chamber, as I mostly do, you can take the entire package out and put it away without removing the gun from the holster, thus making it safer to handle. It is also good for taking a dump. You can again, remove the holster/gun without unholstering the gun.

Btw, I highly recommend Truglo TFX sights on the 42 or any of the Glocks. They are super bright, and easy to aquire, day or night. The fiber optics magnify the tritium at night, and really pick up the light in the daytime, too.
I also use kydex/leather iwb holsters that I make for everyday carry. My wife also does for her m&p shield in 9mm.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmwil
I use a kydex IWB I picked up off Ebay. I usually wear it on the hip, but it can easily be appendix carried. One thing I really like about the IWB kydex holsters is that when you carry with one in the chamber, as I mostly do, you can take the entire package out and put it away without removing the gun from the holster, thus making it safer to handle. It is also good for taking a dump. You can again, remove the holster/gun without unholstering the gun. Btw, I highly recommend Truglo TFX sights on the 42 or any of the Glocks. They are super bright, and easy to aquire, day or night. The fiber optics magnify the tritium at night, and really pick up the light in the daytime, too.
I looked as those sights and I really like them. Still haven't ordered a holster. Got some other ideas on another forum specific to this firearm. The problem is too damn many choices. Just going to have to order something. Probably same reason my LGS does not stock many holsters. Said he'd have to build a 10,000 sq ft addition just for holsters. He just says,,,,,,,I'll order anything you want.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holsters are something you'll end up with boxes of...
Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jlocker
This is true for just about everyone who carries consistently.

Your systems change as time goes on, put on or lose weight, carry extra mags or a different size or model pistol, etc. Some of the holsters out there just flat out are terrible for everyday use. Huge clips that are cheap and brittle, cheap thin kydex or poorly formed leather are common in the cheaper products. Have had many cheap holsters crack or deform after not even a few months.

Only over the last couple years have I stuck with a system religiously. But the holster drawer is still full.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

I just added a new summer carry pistol to the mix, a S&W Shield 9mm, with Apex kit and Talon grips. I need night sites and a good IWB holster and I'll be all set. Kind of leaning toward a Stealth Gear Onyx, but for now, using a Galco IWB from some long forgotten pistol.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

I know. I have many brand new ones for 1911s. Just trying to educate myself and pick once and done. Is that possible?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhk19

I know. I have many brand new ones for 1911s. Just trying to educate myself and pick once and done. Is that possible?
I haven't found a one and done yet.... That's y I started making them I can change one holster a hundred times or make a completely new one. The one for my glock 19 I haven't touched in two years and I carry it daily.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

I haven't found a one and done yet.... That's y I started making them I can change one holster a hundred times or make a completely new one. The one for my glock 19 I haven't touched in two years and I carry it daily.
You make? Can you show a pic of the one you like so much for your 19? I'm a big fan of leather. Like Bianchi etc. But, they take so much time to break in. So stiff & tight at first.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhk19
You make? Can you show a pic of the one you like so much for your 19? I'm a big fan of leather. Like Bianchi etc. But, they take so much time to break in. So stiff & tight at first.
Sorry haven't been around in a bit I'll get some pictures posted.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Kimber Solo.

Quick Reply: What Pistol do you carry daily?