Notices
Jeep CJ, Jeepster & Willys Overall Jeep CJ, Jeepster and Willys technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes pretty much most Jeeps made between 1955-1986.

Fsj '66

Old 02-21-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fsj '66

I didn't see a location for FSJ talk. SO here are some pics of my last project in WA state...a '66 Wagoneer that was too cool and I should not have sold! Just wanting to discuss FSJ with anyone.

1966 Jeep Wagoneer
360 SB Dodge elec ignition (swapped)
4 speed manual (swapped)
Dana 25 and Dana 44 (stock)
2 speed TC (stock)
Original Ramsey PTO winch
ALL SALES PAPERWORK, MANUALS, and RAMSEY GUIDE...very cool
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver's Front Corner.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	598039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Side.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	598042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	598043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished Dash Cluster.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	598044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Autometer Cluster.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	598045  

Old 02-21-2015, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like! I used to have a 1979 Grand Wagoneer, black with the classy woody siding and 360/TH400/Quadra-trac. It was a POS, but once I got it running it would drive through anything. Best winter vehicle I ever had.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks!

I really loved this Wagoneer. I only paid $1500 cash. Since this was a Pacific Northwest vehicle it didn't have much rust. The fenders, floor, and rocker panels were ALMOST spot less. It did have a hole in the front panel under the grille and of course the tailgate was pretty much all bondo. Seems the water never drained from these areas well.

The cool thing about the Pacific Northwest is they didn't use salt...I think it was just sand! Reason was I suppose to prevent contamination to the many bodies of water and sea life.

Anyway, It ran great. I could go 65 mph without a struggle. It stopped and steered awesome, (for a '66 SUV anyway).

I rewired the entire engine management system with a Painless C.S.I. kit. I also made that gauge cluster and fitted it with Autometer gauges. Everything worked as it was supposed to and was a real blast to drive.

If I had a trailer I would have brought it with me when I relocated from Oak Harbor, WA to Cincinnati, OH.

Oh well. There will be more Jeeps but not another Wagoneer like that. She was a real gem and those are hard to come by.

Quick Reply: Fsj '66