Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

No offense intended, but i just dont get it

Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That said I also never understood the patriot or compass either. The fact that they compare the Renegade to a Nissan Juke of a Kia Soul should be the first warning sign. I think they should sell these under the Dodge name.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...x4-test-review
Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These models are brought out for many reasons but the main one is CAFE standards. Without them there would be no Wrangler.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
These models are brought out for many reasons but the main one is CAFE standards. Without them there would be no Wrangler.
I get CAFE. But I just don't understand these products or who buys them. There has got to be a better way.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No offense

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I get CAFE. But I just don't understand these products or who buys them. There has got to be a better way.
My guess is that many people think that anything called Jeep is tougher, more rugged than other makes, so when choosing amoung a group of vehicles within those that will meet their needs, they defer to the Jeep.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Heeper
My guess is that many people think that anything called Jeep is tougher, more rugged than other makes, so when choosing amoung a group of vehicles within those that will meet their needs, they defer to the Jeep.
Exactly this. People like saying they drive a Jeep even if it isn't really a Jeep. Let's just hope they use all the money they rake in to make the Wrangler better. Everyone complained when Porsche made the Cayenne, but it has helped them build more variations of the 911. Now instead of a cookie cutter 911 there's a flavor for every need whether it's a track beast, a daily driver, or a grand tourer. Brand whoring CAN be a positive.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by etl330
Exactly this. People like saying they drive a Jeep even if it isn't really a Jeep. Let's just hope they use all the money they rake in to make the Wrangler better. Everyone complained when Porsche made the Cayenne, but it has helped them build more variations of the 911. Now instead of a cookie cutter 911 there's a flavor for every need whether it's a track beast, a daily driver, or a grand tourer. Brand whoring CAN be a positive.
Let's hope the Renegade is a better class of whore. The Compass and Patriot were Tijuana street walkers
Old 03-16-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
The Compass and Patriot were Tijuana street walkers
Now that's just plain insulting...
to Tijuana street walkers.
Every single street walker I've "driven" can handle more mileage before breaking than the Patriot or Compass.

My parents had a Patriot for a while. We considered buying it from them as a DD/family vehicle and I drove it for a few months. It is, without a doubt, the biggest piece of junk I have ever driven. Even without even considering its poor off road performance I am still embarrassed that is has the "Jeep" name on it. It had 48,xxx miles on it when I started driving it. In the two months I used it we replaced 2 CV axles, all 4 struts, tie rod ends, ball joints, oxygen sensor, catalytic convertor, had to have it aligned twice and still has a wobble, and it had transmission problems. If the renegade is a better made vehicle than the Patriot/Compass, than I'm glad, but for now I'll stick to my JK.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3241864794.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	601545

Spotted one in the wild today
Old 03-16-2015, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-489350230.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	601547
Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you need to give both the patriot and new renegade more credit. I owned an FDII patriot and it actually was awesome off road. NO you wont' go crawling huge rocks. BUt you will however tackle 99 percent of what 99 percent of people here will ever do. I put my pat in places it had not business being in, and it rocked.

The renegade is poised to be better off road than the pat as well. Just because it does not have solid axles etc, does not mean it can't go off road. This also is the same as the rubicon/sport comments floating around here like get a rubicon, the sport is a mall crawler. Meanwhile I can go anywhere with my sport that all these rubi lovers can go. remember its the driver, not the equipement.

Quick Reply: No offense intended, but i just dont get it