Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

No offense intended, but i just dont get it

Old 06-16-2015, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not every Jeeper does 80% of their driving off road. I traded in my Mustang and bought a Patriot after my wife and I had a son (instead of Driving around in a Town & Country.) Once he got older, I upgraded to a 2 door JK. I think the JKU is just a man van and/or soccer mom sled. That being said, my opinion shouldn't offend any of you, and yours matter to me. I loved my Patriot while I had it.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive a car carrier, delivering new cars. Company I work for has the contract for the Fiats/Renegades out of the Port of Baltimore. I've delivered both Patriots/Compasses, and the new Renegade. I've never driven this new thing off road, and don't really want to, but it seems to me the Renegade would be better suited than the Patriot. At least the Trailhawk. More ground clearance, and at least it does have Tow Points.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
I think you need to give both the patriot and new renegade more credit. I owned an FDII patriot and it actually was awesome off road. NO you wont' go crawling huge rocks. BUt you will however tackle 99 percent of what 99 percent of people here will ever do. I put my pat in places it had not business being in, and it rocked.

The renegade is poised to be better off road than the pat as well. Just because it does not have solid axles etc, does not mean it can't go off road. This also is the same as the rubicon/sport comments floating around here like get a rubicon, the sport is a mall crawler. Meanwhile I can go anywhere with my sport that all these rubi lovers can go. remember its the driver, not the equipement.
Although I'm not of the class of rubisnobs that believes your sport is a mall crawler
I have taken many vehicles places they should not have been that my Rubicon will do with ease and as we know even with a high skilled driver the factory goodies mostly the lockers add a ton of piece of mind and confidence
The same thing applies to the other jeep names you can drive them wherever you want might need some extra unders though also might not make out of wherever in one piece jmo
Old 06-16-2015, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

M wife and I have a KL, we bought it because it fit our needs best with the wants we wanted in the price we wanted. It has a face for radio, sure (at least you definatly know what it is, no confusing it for a Kia) but it had a bonus of saying Jeep on it as well. My brother has a Patriot, it's size is exactly what fits his needs and the name on the nose was the last thing factored in. The renegade sized itself out of being practical or both him and I would have held off on our purchases we made (and those tail lights...).

I already call my JKU my '4 wheel drive minivan convertible', might have to shorten it to just my 'man van' now
Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I get CAFE. But I just don't understand these products or who buys them. There has got to be a better way.
that means you dont understand it.

without those vehicles these people would buy nissan jukes and what not.

jeep puts these models out to make a shit ton of money, but also to offset the horrible fuel mileage the wrangler gets.

seriously...without these there is no wrangler that you love.

how do people not understand that?
Old 06-17-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
Not every Jeeper does 80% of their driving off road. I traded in my Mustang and bought a Patriot after my wife and I had a son (instead of Driving around in a Town & Country.) Once he got older, I upgraded to a 2 door JK. I think the JKU is just a man van and/or soccer mom sled. That being said, my opinion shouldn't offend any of you, and yours matter to me. I loved my Patriot while I had it.
Your opinion doesn't bother me ...... BUT it's SO DATED when you mention the JKU's ..... I can see people agreeing with that in the first few years back when they first came out in 07 but these days with all those sexy JKU's that are being built and in a lot of cases out wheeling the 2 doors(I know each one has it's advantages) I don't think it's an accurate comment ..... Unless you're super closed minded...... I thought the same about the jeeps with the painted fenders and matching hard tops a couple years back.... But the more I see them modded up they look pretty good too..... Guess I just prefer modded up wranglers 2 dr , 4 dr , matching fenders and tops over stock........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-970954721.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	615119   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3186405822.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	665.4 KB
ID:	615120   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3548188056.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	615121   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3998637228.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	615122   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1437462401.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	615123  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 06-17-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok i have an 08 jku with 158,k on it 3" lift 34"toyo tires .I get 9 mpg city 14 hwy.driving 132 miles a day. So yes i got the renegade Sport.I put 3,200 on it in a month . The drivers seat feels like I'm in the Jku 28mpg.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Your opinion doesn't bother me ...... BUT it's SO DATED when you mention the JKU's ..... I can see people agreeing with that in the first few years back when they first came out in 07 but these days with all those sexy JKU's that are being built and in a lot of cases out wheeling the 2 doors(I know each one has it's advantages) I don't think it's an accurate comment ..... Unless you're super closed minded...... I thought the same about the jeeps with the painted fenders and matching hard tops a couple years back.... But the more I see them modded up they look pretty good too..... Guess I just prefer modded up wranglers 2 dr , 4 dr , matching fenders and tops over stock........
Your JKU is badass. No doubt. But they still don't look right to me. I'm getting more used to them bc everyone on here seems to have one, but I'm still not a fan. No doors looks strange. Soft top up looks odd. There's still a bunch of things I can't get past. And a LOT of them are modded out beyond what I'll ever get mine to be but I just don't like them. Still. Soccer moms don't help with my perception either.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cutman
LOL!!! So' when you "upgrade" to a real man's gun, like my .50BMG, let me know. I'll drive us out to a fine range with a 1,000yd slot. Oh, I'll be driving my JKU. And, until you buy such a firearm, I'll just consider anything you shoot of pussy status. And if you don't shoot anything, well........ I've got no use for you on any level.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3581602315.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	615487  
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
LOL!!! So' when you "upgrade" to a real man's gun, like my .50BMG, let me know. I'll drive us out to a fine range with a 1,000yd slot. Oh, I'll be driving my JKU. And, until you buy such a firearm, I'll just consider anything you shoot of pussy status. And if you don't shoot anything, well........ I've got no use for you on any level.
I'm comfortable with who I am. I don't have a "little JK" or a "little gun" complex. And I never called anything or anyone a pussy. That's just what you wanted to hear so you could puff up for everyone. What you dislike about me, my vehicle, guns, dog, house, shoes, tires etc. changes my day zero. Obviously not the other way around.

Quick Reply: No offense intended, but i just dont get it