Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

1996 Grand Cherokee death wobble issue

Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Grand Cherokee death wobble issue

I have read many posts about the DW issue on Wranglers and learned what suspension parts and other things to look for to resolve the problem.

However, I am dealing with my mother inlaws Grand Cherokee and I have found some slop in the track bar and steering stabilizer unit.

I wanted to get some feed back from any experienced owners here, that have used the Hard - KOR - Track Bar Conversion kit from kevinsoffroad.

Has anybody had any problems with getting their product and did it work like it was supposed to and so on.

The reason I was thinking about ordering their kit is because the parts are supposed to be beefier and have tougher bushings than the factory and other aftermarket companies.

Any feedback would be appreciated before I send funds.

If I have named a company here, that I am not supposed to, then somebody let me know and I will delete my post and try like hell to figure out how I will find out some feedback from others.

peace -
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Well the order is in. I'll be a guinea pig I guess.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by exH2owner
I have read many posts about the DW issue on Wranglers and learned what suspension parts and other things to look for to resolve the problem.

However, I am dealing with my mother inlaws Grand Cherokee and I have found some slop in the track bar and steering stabilizer unit.

I wanted to get some feed back from any experienced owners here, that have used the Hard - KOR - Track Bar Conversion kit from kevinsoffroad.

Has anybody had any problems with getting their product and did it work like it was supposed to and so on.

The reason I was thinking about ordering their kit is because the parts are supposed to be beefier and have tougher bushings than the factory and other aftermarket companies.

Any feedback would be appreciated before I send funds.

If I have named a company here, that I am not supposed to, then somebody let me know and I will delete my post and try like hell to figure out how I will find out some feedback from others.

peace -
My son has a '96 Cherokee and runs the KOR set up and loves it. He never had DW but got it anyway. The quality is outstanding and it was cake to install. Most of the KOR products we've seen are good quality. They seem to have a good customer service line as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I haven't used that product, but I've known Kevin for a long time and had his rock rails on my old ZJ and he's been around the block and then some at this point.

I think he hooked up with a user from another forum "Kolak" aka Nick who knows a LOT about the ZJ as well.

Should do what it is advertised to do.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

I've been so busy I have forgotten about this thread.

It took about 6 weeks for the kit to arrive.
I installed it with new front shocks and sway bar end links & bushings.

The death wobble is gone now.

I then took the cherokee in for a front end alignment and new tires.

I am very happy with everything I installed.
The kit is badass and fit the 2WD cherokee we have, with no problem.

The only negative thing I can say is it took a long delivery time for the kit to arrive.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never heard of the DW in gc's but replacing the sway bars w/disconnects and track bar seems to b the answer for most DW probs
Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BIGag
Never heard of the DW in gc's but replacing the sway bars w/disconnects and track bar seems to b the answer for most DW probs
The WJ was VERY prone to DW with any lift 4" or more or that had worn suspension. Almost always went back to a worn track bar or not tight enough track at. Control a bushings can make it do it too.

It should never
Be the antisway bar bushings. That is usually just a clunk or squeak.

Quick Reply: 1996 Grand Cherokee death wobble issue