Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

2011 Grand Cherokee, Check engine light...

Old 11-25-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Grand Cherokee, Check engine light...

Greetings all,

Soooo.... My wife's Jeep is a Grand Cherokee Limited, 2x4, with the 3.6L Pentastar, and it has about 57,000 miles on it. 2 weeks ago while driving to work her check engine light came on. I asked her how the Jeep was running, she said it was fine and could not tell that anything was wrong other than the light. Driving home from work was the same thing, light on and running fine. I took it to Oreilly's and they pulled a P0302 code, (a misfire in cylinder #2). They said that it will either be the spark plug, the spark plug wires or the coil pack. Afterward I went to have the oil changed because it was way overdue. Took it to Mobil One and the also checked the code and cleared it for me also. They told me that it had also misfired and that if it did it again to have it serviced. Well it came back on again last night, it's the same code running fine. Where should I start? Should I just take it in to the dealer? Would this be covered under warranty? The spark plugs are not due to be replaced until 96,000 miles... Thanks!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take it to the dealership. That should be covered under the powertrain warranty its sonething like 5yr 70k miles i think

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Cherokee, Check engine light...