Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

2014 Jeep Cherokee

Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, from the pictures, I thought this was real ugly, but I saw a video or it, and I am warming up to it. It could grow on me. The trail hawk edition looks cool. If it's substantially bigger than the patriot, especially the rear cargo area, I could see myself buying one.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree.....at first i wasn't too sure what to think......but the Trailhawk looks like a decent vehicle.....especially if the 4wd system works as well as the Grands system does......I think they will sell a bunch of them......hard core guys will buy JKs and JKUs......every one else this may be an option.....
Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Sad to see Jeep go this way. The grand used to be a Jeep, when it had a solid axle. Although it had to many electronics, and extras for me.
I have a real Cherokee the only option it has that I don't like is the automatic transmission.
I have a 12 JK I bought last year. I am still not real happy with the Nanny stuff ( ABS, ESP, Traction Control , TPMS). I have a switch to turn it all off, but still am thinking about getting rid of it.
Might just go back to my lifted XJ.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by horrocks007
Ok, from the pictures, I thought this was real ugly, but I saw a video or it, and I am warming up to it. It could grow on me. The trail hawk edition looks cool. If it's substantially bigger than the patriot, especially the rear cargo area, I could see myself buying one.
I agree: when I saw the pics at first, I was a little worried about how the face looks. When I saw it at the NYC auto show, it started to warm up to me. They are right: it does look better in real like. The trailhawk in the dark red color looks much better.

I know from most of the comments that I have read elsewhere, I am in the minority
Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BucYouUp68
Honestly i dont understand why they would waste the engineering money to even attempt to make another model. They already have the compass and the patriot for those that want a plastic jeep that gets 30mpg. Now they come out with an ugly compass and call it a new polished turd. The only thing I can possibly think of that might be good about the new model is you can get the pentastar as an option on it vs the four cylinder.

My question is this why not take the above photo which looks pretty dam awesome and sell it with a stripped down interior bucket seats front and back(so seating for 4) no fancy stuff(so ditch the leather, select trac shit, and all the other electronic shit) remove as much weight as possible. Option for the 4 cylinder(2wd only), pentastar, and the 3.0L ecodiesel. Toss in a rear electronic locker. Now that would sell like hotcakes if you ask me as the price point would way less then a Grand Cherokee. No super redesign needed, no fancy engineering. Just common sense. A stripped down Grand Cherokee meant to get beat on a bit and used like a utility truck. Heck I would buy something like that as a commuter.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Well looks like Jeep enthusiasts are not very keen on this new vehicle, so I figure Ill throw in my two cents. I love the new Cherokee Trailhawk. I love the looks and yes even the headlights. My wife and I are seriously looking into this for our next big purchase. Now we already have a 2011 Rubicon, and if it was a question of one or the other, obviously the wrangler would win hands down. But for a family vehicle, that is comfortable on long road trips and can still have some fun offroad, I think this is a win.

Quick Reply: 2014 Jeep Cherokee