Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

Anyone with a 05 Grand Cherokees with the 5.7 HEMI out there?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone with a 05 Grand Cherokees with the 5.7 HEMI out there?

If your reading this post hopefully you have a 05 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 HEMI. Ive run into a bit of a problem, while working on fixing the front axle isolater/bracket i noticed an excess of fluid on the left side(if your looking at the jeep from the front) of the bottom half of the engine and back. To my suprise i think ive narrowed it down to the Trans cooler lines well line.... it seems one of the lines is makeing contact with what im guesing is the Alternator pulley( i didnt spend anytime trying to identify which pulley i just know its making contact with one) and has worn a hole in the rubber tube part. Now for my question can someone snap a picture or tell me if there's supposed to be some clips or device that is supposed to hold this hose back from making contact? and can someone tell me how to identify which is the inlet and which is the outlet, searches on the internet are turning up nothing.

Thanks a ton in advance for any help/advice that can be lent my way.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 05 Grand Cherokees with the 5.7 HEMI out there?