Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

Removing the TIPM from 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Removing the TIPM from 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Looking for help/guidance on how to remove (and then replace) the TIPM - Total Integrated Power Module - on my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Part is faulty and found someone to repair but need to remove it and then replace it after repair. Just want to be sure I don't do further damage...
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default TIPM is removed, will post video link in about a week

Managed to figure out how to remove it via written directions on another forum. I will make a youtube video of it next week in case anyone else needs to do the same.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default TIPM Removal

Originally Posted by TrishG23
Managed to figure out how to remove it via written directions on another forum. I will make a youtube video of it next week in case anyone else needs to do the same.

We're you ever able to upload a video on youtube on the removal process? My GC is at 54k and I'm experiencing the same problem
Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Giff81
We're you ever able to upload a video on youtube on the removal process? My GC is at 54k and I'm experiencing the same problem
Unfortunately, no. It was so late by the time we started to replace it that there wasn't enough light/time to record it. When the weather clears up and we have some time we will do it. It really is quite easy though!

Quick Reply: Removing the TIPM from 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee