Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

Review of SuperChips FlashPaq for high-mile 4.7

Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review of SuperChips FlashPaq for high-mile 4.7

So, I learned the hard way LONG ago about bolt-ons... I just skip the bullshit ads and go right for forced induction. However with my WJ it is different:
I CAN do a custom turbo, and may, but the point of this vehicle is DD in comfort, camp with my family, and tow my JK on occasion. I decided that trouble codes and towing shift points alone were worth the tuner, and if I actually saw performance or MPG+ that would be great.

Well, less than an hour and 10 miles after tuning the SC for an 87 tune- I am VERY PLEASED. It wants to chirp the tires at WOT shifts, and DEFINITELY woke up. This is a BONE STOCK non-HO motor with the Quadra-trac. SO to chirp BRAND NEW 31.5" Cooper ATPs in an AWD vehicle is impressive. I will switch to 91 octane next fill up, because I am an idiot. And I will update my review then.

I will upgrade the plugs this week, and will probably do a Kolak exhaust since it includes a Hi-Flow aftermarket cat... but I think I will save the $$$ and skip intakes and spacers and all the other bullship the market pushes. The fact is the only way to pull any more REAL power out of this would be to find a rag the factory left in the intake. Just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Review of SuperChips FlashPaq for high-mile 4.7