Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Camping in the Jeep

Old 09-02-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camping in the Jeep

Hopefully this is the correct sub to post this in. But having just picked up my Jeep, I'm figuring out all of the cool stuff I can do with it as opposed to having sporty like cars. So, since South Florida is few and far between for backwoods adventures; and the fact that it is hotter than Satan's fart here, I'm planning camping in late October or early November.

With that said, has anyone used, currently own, despise, or anything in between -- those tents that sort of connect the rear cargo area? There's Big Cypress Nat'l Forest here that's relatively close to the house. I'm wanting to take my 9 year old daughter out there so she can experience nature. Those tents seems like it would make her more at ease if she could see the cargo area from the tent!

Just curious people's thoughts on them.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scroll down to the "camping" thread area, find more answers there
Old 09-09-2014, 11:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Hopefully this is the correct sub to post this in. But having just picked up my Jeep, I'm figuring out all of the cool stuff I can do with it as opposed to having sporty like cars. So, since South Florida is few and far between for backwoods adventures; and the fact that it is hotter than Satan's fart here, I'm planning camping in late October or early November.

With that said, has anyone used, currently own, despise, or anything in between -- those tents that sort of connect the rear cargo area? There's Big Cypress Nat'l Forest here that's relatively close to the house. I'm wanting to take my 9 year old daughter out there so she can experience nature. Those tents seems like it would make her more at ease if she could see the cargo area from the tent!

Just curious people's thoughts on them.

Thanks!
I do have an Oztent and I can park my Jeep under the awning. With the optional side walls it might be what you're looking for.
It's also easy to errect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140419_140425.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	575095Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140419_140444.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	575096
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140419_175147.jpg