Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite/Bad/Odd

Favorite Question: Does it come with doors?

Favorite Passenger Fear: Everyone is scared of the road below their feet the first time, everyone is afraid of a possible accident. Had a guy scared that animals would jump in the car and attack him, that was pretty great.

Favorite Date: Girl and I went to the beach in Miami and got stuck in bumper-to-bumper on the causeway coming home. Of course, the 3pm storm rolls in, fast, loud & heavy. We are getting soaked and people are flat laughing at us, because we are laughing, and having a great time. She loved it. I married her.

Bad: Stopped at a light and as I accelerated after green I went to adjust my hat. Bee had landed on the hat while I was stopped and I got a nice stinger in my finger. That was a shock.

Odd/Bad: Worked in building in Miami in a place called Coconut Grove. Heavy tourist area with a lot of bars so our work garage was also a public parking garage. I live near work so often times I would just walk home and leave the Jeep in the garage. Came back to it one Saturday morning to find about 2 inches of standing liquid in the front passenger side. Gave it a smell, and it didn't smell like piss, but I have to think it was. Drained it in the grass, sprayed it down and went about my day.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevinjflynn
I bought my JK in February, so I've anxiously been waiting to take the roof off. Last month, during a nice 60 degree day, I removed my freedom panels & took the long way home, driving along the seacoast. I must have driven under a flock of sea gulls that decided simultaneously take a dump. Both me and my interior were covered in bird crap.
I had this fear all summer long, especially when driving by the piers
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my friend's 1997 TJ. Back in about 2000. Cursing down the interstate at 70mph sans doors or top.

He was driving and reached over to grab some sunglasses from the glove box. Clicked the latch and the tray dropped open...

He'd forgot he had a few hundred dollars cash stashed in there. The cash promptly fluttered out of the Jeep like a pack of rabid butterflies!

Pulled over and tried to track it all down. Never did find all that cash.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

I was stopped at a light when a family pulled up beside me . The little boy in the backseat asked what happened to my doors and if it cost to much to buy a top to go on it .
Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one that happened to me yesterday, I'm topless and doorless at the moment and when I got in the freeway the damn side panel on the dash flew off! And got caught under the seat!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my car to get washed on Saturday and the guy that was going to wash it didn't notice there was no top on it! everything inside got soaked!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Middle of nowhere TN. CJ5 No top, no doors.
Pulled up to a stop sign and was getting ready to turn left, as I was looking to the left and started to let the clutch out..
BOOM!
A bolt of lightning struck in the dirt just off the roadway to my left. It was about what 8-9 feet from me. I swear it was kind of neon pinkish purple and loud as F***.
Scared the poo out of me. I continued to let the clutch out and gassed that big 383 like there was no tomorrow. I did not let off until I was pulling in the driveway.
Took a little while to calm down after that one.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Weatherman said there was no chance for rain...weather app said no chance for rain...went to work with no top and no doors...3.5" of rain later...quickly found where the drain plugs were located!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
-

Not topless.. but again doorless. Had a bird fly into the cabin when we're waiting for a signal to change..
Old 10-10-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

In my YJ my wallet blew out of the jeep. I had it on the dash. Not too smart.

Quick Reply: Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?