Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Odd request...Looking for States and/or areas of the country Jeep + Gun friendly

Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
all depends on where east. I was in VA. great gun flavor, sucks balls for anything off road. Looking for the best of both? I agree, pretty much the 4 corner states, Colorado, Idaho and that's about it.
It's funny you mention that, he four corners is where I started out my western map searching

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-28-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you are conservative come West out to the Reno area, if you are a liberal, stay on the East coast or keep on going by us and go to California.
I'm pretty much down the middle, not super political, basically I like the 2nd and Roe vs Wade and reasonable amounts of off road access for us and our Jeep's

It's disappointing to live near areas where access is only available to things like the Jeep Jamborees

I mean I love the Jeep Jamborees, I've got four this year, 3 done and number four this coming weekend, but being that I'm in Maine it's disappointing that the bulk of the land is all private and closed

I'm lucky to have a couple of great clubs I belong to where they have land access to some really great trails

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

North Dakota. You got the badlands, you can mount anything up to a Gau 8 right on your roll bars and it will be legal as long as you are not a current felon, and thats the bottom line spanky.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

What I did when we decided to move out of Illinois was to make a list of priorities for my family. Things like hospitals (my wife is an RN), Schools (I have a son in high school), Distance from the nearest airport that actually flys somewhere for ease of people visiting and having to go back home for family events, crime statistics, taxes, housing pricing, weather, cost of living, and so on. City-data.com is a site that has all kinds of statistics and is really helpful in making a decision on where to move.

After our research Carson City was our target but after visiting a couple of times we actually ended up just South of Reno and about 10 minutes from Carson City. I would suggest several visits to your choices and when you choose your place to rent a home for a year or so you can get the know the area and better choose where you want to sink your roots.

As far as not paying attention to politics is bad out hear if you like to run the many trails and value your freedoms and access to guns with the liberals/communists trying to shut all the trails down to protect this or that and the constant battle by the left on taking everyones guns.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Northern Utah great job opportunities low unemployment rate friendly people close enough to everything you need far enough away you don't feel like living in a big city great housing prices and best of all 4 hours to the best wheeling in the world (Moab) oh and also there isn't a more gun friendly state if you don't believe me look it up five national parks best skiing in the US winter has snow but not Montana Idaho snow so you aren't trapped in your house for weeks at a time infrastructure is in place for quick snow removal great hunting and fishing I feel like this is a job interview I could go on and on

Last edited by The Black Jeep; 09-29-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

One other thing to look at if you are looking to moving to the West is water resources as it is a big, big deal out here and you should know what water rights are if purchasing land.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
What I did when we decided to move out of Illinois was to make a list of priorities for my family. Things like hospitals (my wife is an RN), Schools (I have a son in high school), Distance from the nearest airport that actually flys somewhere for ease of people visiting and having to go back home for family events, crime statistics, taxes, housing pricing, weather, cost of living, and so on. City-data.com is a site that has all kinds of statistics and is really helpful in making a decision on where to move.

After our research Carson City was our target but after visiting a couple of times we actually ended up just South of Reno and about 10 minutes from Carson City. I would suggest several visits to your choices and when you choose your place to rent a home for a year or so you can get the know the area and better choose where you want to sink your roots.

As far as not paying attention to politics is bad out hear if you like to run the many trails and value your freedoms and access to guns with the liberals/communists trying to shut all the trails down to protect this or that and the constant battle by the left on taking everyones guns.
x100 people who like to use public land for recreation use need to be involved otherwise only the hikers will get to use it. I am a hiker, biker and off-roader and believe we all have a right to enjoy it. these are places we would be locked out of if not for people who demand balanced land use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4EDD73eO8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4owycawdbw

Last edited by jadmt; 09-29-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
Northern Utah great job opportunities low unemployment rate friendly people close enough to everything you need far enough away you don't feel like living in a big city great housing prices and best of all 4 hours to the best wheeling in the world (Moab) oh and also there isn't a more gun friendly state if you don't believe me look it up five national parks best skiing in the US winter has snow but not Montana Idaho snow so you aren't trapped in your house for weeks at a time infrastructure is in place for quick snow removal great hunting and fishing I feel like this is a job interview I could go on and on
not sure why that made me laugh. We live for those kind of weeks so we can get out and play. this is the Montana Idaho border and no better place.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt

not sure why that made me laugh. We live for those kind of weeks so we can get out and play. this is the Montana Idaho border and no better place.
That is exactly the kind of snow I'm talking about
looks like a lot of work to me.
though that area is also beautiful
Old 10-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UTAH!! We have Moab and we love guns here!

Quick Reply: Odd request...Looking for States and/or areas of the country Jeep + Gun friendly