Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Odd request...Looking for States and/or areas of the country Jeep + Gun friendly

Old 09-26-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd request...Looking for States and/or areas of the country Jeep + Gun friendly

Ok this is an odd one, my wife is a medical professional in a position where she can pretty much call up medical head hunters and tell them that she is looking for a new position and she can give them a list of states/areas of the country for them to narrow down the open positions...

I would like to avoid states too far south to avoid summers like in Florida or Texas

But if I am going to uproot everything I'd sure like to be in a state with good/great Jeeping there or nearby...

matthew
Old 09-26-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come down here to North Georgia. We got a lot of wheeling near by. You have North Georgia, Few places in Alabama some great ones in Tennessee. Some in South Carolina its all over down here. During the summer it never gets to bad in the mountains.

Last edited by Grubbicon; 09-26-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
Come down here to North Georgia. We got a lot of wheeling near by. You have North Georgia, Few places in Alabama some great ones in Tennessee. Some in south Carolina
We are considering that area, we have family in Georgia and I've had some great road trips in south and North Carolina

thanks ls for the reply!

also thinking about the Pacific Northwest , much quicker shipping than from there to Maine!

matthew
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
We are considering that area, we have family in Georgia and I've had some great road trips in south and North Carolina thanks ls for the reply! also thinking about the Pacific Northwest , much quicker shipping than from there to Maine! matthew
yeah i would just where im at now but if i moved i would defiantly go that root
Old 09-26-2014, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colorado, but there are too many people here now.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Montana is the place to be. I am bias because I have lived here all my life. Lots of good people lots of great land. we still have open carry and unless you are a nut job you can easily get a CC permit. Sure we get some cold weather and snow but I live to snow shoe and cross country ski so I look forward to it plus it makes great wheeling. Missoula has some great medical facilities and one of the best heart institutes in the country. Now when I talk Montana I am talking about the western part of the state. It is an easy jaunt into Idaho and Utah if the wheeling here is not what you want. One days drive to Moab.
check my video in the member video section those are all a few hours away.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go west young man!

If I was in your shoes, I would be looking at Colorado north of I-70 or Montana. The big sky country. Your still close to some of the best wheeling in the world but not right in the middle of the flash and BS that comes with cities and sky areas. I'm jealous of your freedom!
Old 09-27-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dlampe
Go west young man! If I was in your shoes, I would be looking at Colorado north of I-70 or Montana. The big sky country. Your still close to some of the best wheeling in the world but not right in the middle of the flash and BS that comes with cities and sky areas. I'm jealous of your freedom!
no, don't come west. There are too many people!
Old 09-27-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Pretty much anywhere in Louisiana
Old 09-27-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
no, don't come west. There are too many people!
I gotta agree lol. I remember one winter when it was about minus 5 and somebody from California asked if we had a lot of weather like this and I said no we were experiencing an unusually warm spell for Dec. I said it usually does not get this warm until June.

Quick Reply: Odd request...Looking for States and/or areas of the country Jeep + Gun friendly