Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Parenting with a Jeep!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parenting with a Jeep!

So who would have known bonding could be this easy. I bought my first JK last November.. Namely Animal... And it's changed my life as all Jeepsters know happens. But what I didn't anticipate was the amazing bond it solidified with my teenage son. I'm the mom that gets home Friday after work and says... Let's go Jeeping! And next thing you know I have a 15 year old en tow having a great time riding with my jeep family. Between parades, mudding, trails, riding caravans, BBQS and meet ups... I didn't just buy a Jeep... Instead we joined a Family. Anyone else relate?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

My daughters love my Wrangler, especially when I take the doors off and put the bikini top on. My 8 year old hated when I put the hard top and doors back on. My wife hates my Jeep. She says she doesn't "hate" it, she says she just doesn't understand it. I think she is a little envious of the time I spend working on it. The little ones love when I'm messing around and drive up or down or curb and when I drive over the parking blocks in the parking lots instead of backing up. There favorite past time is Jeep waves. I get alot more when they initiate the waves with other Wranglers. Who can resist two little girls waving at you from a Jeep?

I love seeing women driving Wranglers. In my opinion, there is nothing more attractive than a women driving her own Jeep.

Last edited by groovebus; 09-05-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

My husband and son do not enjoy the wind as much as I do. Good thing for a three piece hard top and a GMC Sierra They do love Jeepin and dreaming of accessories tough!

Also gave the old jeep to the step daughter who fell in love....new jeeper for sure.....too bad we took it away cuz of poor grades. Now that she is grown she wants one again!

Jeep on! OIIIIIIIO
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We can totally relate! We have a blended family and our two oldest daughters grew up and learned to drive in our JK. When they were a little younger they loved coming with us on trips but now that one is in college and the other two in High School the trips together are fewer and further between so enjoy them while you can. We have many friends who have kids that ended up getting their own jeeps and one of our daughters wanted one we just couldn't swing it but we do know that our kids will most likely continue to enjoy the outdoors later in life and the hope is they will remember the times we all went wheeling & camping together!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

My three boys love jeeps! And daddy loves his JKU stripped down, the way it should be in my opinion. My wife didn't like it at first until I let her drive it with no top or doors, then she was hooked. Now she takes it to get groceries, work to show off to the girls, and even just the boys and her to get an ice cream. Awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4193348645.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	498601

Here's the littlest one past out, I figured I better button it up before someone calls the higher ups and they tell me I'm not a good parents, since his snot is ice. "lol" I tell you what this little one loves the jeep more than all of us combined.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Picture 3 of 5 from misc

Picture 1 of 5 from misc

Picture 4 of 5 from misc

Picture 5 of 5 from misc

This is my 3 year old...she loves my Jeep and we go muding and trail riding together when i get her during the summers. I pick her up after work and its " Daddy we go muding?" or " daddy take top off Jeep. I want see sun" or my favorite one of all, " Daddy can we go off roading with top off and no doors?" Her mom said it was a mistake for me to get my Jeep...i say it was the best investment I have ever made.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default This is what it's all about

Thanks for putting this post out there. This is exactly what I needed/wanted to read! I am always planning for tomorrow and what's best for the family and kids. I don't want to be the guy at the end of the train ride and look back to realize I missed a hell of a lot of great stops along the way because I was always looking at the destination!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It's a Jeep thing!!

Can't wait to have kids!! They will definitely be little Jeepsters
Hope to one day have memories and pics like Groggy's above.. Buying a Jeep absolutely introduces you to a subculture you never knew existed.. My wife used to hate the Jeep until Topless For TaTa's 2011.. Now she shares in the excitement of new mods and our recent purchase of our second JK.. I'm grateful to be part of it all and look forward to future adventures, friends, and family time in our Jeep
Old 09-26-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeepsters!!! HA

That's awesome. Makes me think back to when we were kids and we were all little hulkamaniacs!!! Mine are definitely hooked even though we don't have one at the moment. My little girl was 2 when I sold my last ride, and at 4 she asks me EVERY time we see a Jeep, "Daddy, when are we gonna get another Jeep". That's cool that you guys have the culture already built in before the kids arrive. They'll be indoctrinated right into the culture! HA
Old 09-26-2013, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"Indoctrinated" Lol!!
I bought my niece a Jeep stroller when she was born and bought her a Barbie Jeep a couple weeks back.. She always wants to go see Uncle Tommy's Jeep!! She was a little disappointed with the new one because there wasn't a snorkel on it yet lol!!

Quick Reply: Parenting with a Jeep!