Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Parenting with a Jeep!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean, no snorkel, WTH??? HA

I always contend that it's my job to indoctrinate my kids what what I believe. If not me, someone else is going to do it!!! HA What better thing to expose them to than getting outdoors and enjoying this awesome world we get to play in! Best of luck to you in the future! If I can play my cards right, I'll be back in the Jeep family soon enough to start re-breaking my kids to the ways of the Jeep world. Lesson 1 will be the Jeep wave! I don't even have a Jeep right now, but I still find myself throwing the way out there. Coming from a Chevy Trailblazer, I definitely get some strange looks!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just read your other thread about getting back into a JK.. Best of luck to you and thanks for the well wishes.. I'll indoctrinate my kids into little Jeepin' Hulkamaniacs!! Sounds like you're doing a great job and have an excellent outlook on life!! Keep us updated on your Jeep hunt.. Btw, if you can, go for a 3.6 Liter.. My previous 09 doesn't compare to my new 13.. It'd be worth the wait and the extra money IMHO.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by o09jkny
Just read your other thread about getting back into a JK.. Best of luck to you and thanks for the well wishes.. I'll indoctrinate my kids into little Jeepin' Hulkamaniacs!! Sounds like you're doing a great job and have an excellent outlook on life!! Keep us updated on your Jeep hunt.. Btw, if you can, go for a 3.6 Liter.. My previous 09 doesn't compare to my new 13.. It'd be worth the wait and the extra money IMHO.
Thanks. I am trying to strike a balance right now and figure out just how much I want to spend. I am already getting good direction on here, which is going to help me make a good purchase!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Teenage daughter was the same way. At first wanted nothing to do with the Jeep. Picked her up one day from a school event with the top down and the music pumped in front of her friends and then she couldn't get enough of it. When she turned 16 she asked for the keys. We laughed as we know a Jeep is a boy magnet and will go places other vehicles won't.

Jeeps have an good affect on everyone who owns one. Enjoy the building of memories with your children.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by groovebus
My daughters love my Wrangler, especially when I take the doors off and put the bikini top on. My 8 year old hated when I put the hard top and doors back on. My wife hates my Jeep. She says she doesn't "hate" it, she says she just doesn't understand it. I think she is a little envious of the time I spend working on it. The little ones love when I'm messing around and drive up or down or curb and when I drive over the parking blocks in the parking lots instead of backing up. There favorite past time is Jeep waves. I get alot more when they initiate the waves with other Wranglers. Who can resist two little girls waving at you from a Jeep?

I love seeing women driving Wranglers. In my opinion, there is nothing more attractive than a women driving her own Jeep.
If my wife were to read this post she would swear on her life that I posted it!... my daughters are 8 and 9 and love everything about my JKU. Doors off, top down, music loud... and they enjoy the fact that it is a more rugged so they get to be kids and climb on it. if you look at my Avatar picture you can see why they love it so much.

Last edited by @pocalypse; 09-27-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old, and they LOVE the jeep. They feel like they are little rock stars when I drop them off at pre-school. If the other kids are on the playground they all run up an ohhhh and ahhhh over the jeep.

The bad part is when we have to take my truck anywhere. They act like they are severely mistreated having to ride in my new f150.

I'm glad that I have helped to indoctrinate the next generation of jeep addicts.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 14 month old girl. A few weeks ago I noticed her playing with some old Hot Wheels at my parents from when I was a kid. Pushing them around on the floor and even making car noises. That got me curious. Went to walmart and got some various hot wheels and matchbox cars. Some were off road vehicles and others were pink and a little more feminine....then I saw it....a matchbox Jeep JK superlift edition! Bingo!! So when I got home I laid them all out on the coffee table for her to play with. She pushed them around and tried to eat a couple of em.....but then she grabbed the JK and started driving over all the other cars making engine noises and everything! I just turned around and looked at my wife with a big grin from ear to ear. My wife just sighed, said I was turning her into a boy, and went back into the kitchen.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the proud parent of a future Jeep girl! Thank you.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scallywag
I have a 14 month old girl. A few weeks ago I noticed her playing with some old Hot Wheels at my parents from when I was a kid. Pushing them around on the floor and even making car noises. That got me curious. Went to walmart and got some various hot wheels and matchbox cars. Some were off road vehicles and others were pink and a little more feminine....then I saw it....a matchbox Jeep JK superlift edition! Bingo!! So when I got home I laid them all out on the coffee table for her to play with. She pushed them around and tried to eat a couple of em.....but then she grabbed the JK and started driving over all the other cars making engine noises and everything! I just turned around and looked at my wife with a big grin from ear to ear. My wife just sighed, said I was turning her into a boy, and went back into the kitchen. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the proud parent of a future Jeep girl! Thank you.
I just bought my 14 jku and my wife doesn't understand the jeep thing yet. And hates "convertibles". But my kids have found a new passion. Driving anywhere with dad! I hit the empty lots near where we live - big large spaces - and they went crazy. I can't wait to really take them offroad! My wife now has an empty mini van
Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 4 year old nephew loves my jeep he likes "working on it" when Im wrenching. About 2 months ago I picked him up from preschool with the doors off and loud music and he loved it, 2 weeks ago I had to top and doors off, and we went around the block a couple times and he loved it! My sister hates it lol, I mean he is probably really popular at school because I roll up in the jeep and all the little kids go up to the fence and point at it and stuff haha

I have yet to take him off road but he wants to go off-roading really bad! I'm just waiting for rain to take him mudding because he loves getting dirty! Lol

He says he wants me to build my jeep like a big jeep! Every time we see a lifted jeep he says you should built it like that!

He wants to get a jeep when he gets older. He said so him self! Lol

Ohh and he knows the jeep wave! Even when we aren't in the jeep he still waves!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
My 4 year old nephew loves my jeep he likes "working on it" when Im wrenching. About 2 months ago I picked him up from preschool with the doors off and loud music and he loved it, 2 weeks ago I had to top and doors off, and we went around the block a couple times and he loved it! My sister hates it lol, I mean he is probably really popular at school because I roll up in the jeep and all the little kids go up to the fence and point at it and stuff haha

I have yet to take him off road but he wants to go off-roading really bad! I'm just waiting for rain to take him mudding because he loves getting dirty! Lol

He says he wants me to build my jeep like a big jeep! Every time we see a lifted jeep he says you should built it like that!

He wants to get a jeep when he gets older. He said so him self! Lol

Ohh and he knows the jeep wave! Even when we aren't in the jeep he still waves!
My nephew loves mine and his!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380823812322.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	502328   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380823836476.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	502329   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380823879245.jpg
Views:	315