Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Tale of two Jeeps

Old 10-01-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tale of two Jeeps

This my Jeep family. 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. A lot of Wrangler poo-poo all over the Renegade for not being a true Jeep because it doesn't perform like a Wrangler.... It wasn't suppose too.

I have a very long commute and the Wrangler , albeit so very nice, was not designed for that chore. The Renegade on the other hand is very comfortable, quiet, smooth, better gas mileage and has features that make a long commute comfortable and easy. It being a Trailhawk, gives it enough off roadness to hold me over until I get home to the Wrangler. With the rear seats up in both the Wrangler and Renegade, they hold about the same amount of luggage equally.. The Renegade has less getty'up than the Wrangler and the A/C doesn't work as well but neither is really that bad and is comparable to other small, 4cyl. cars/ compact SUV's. For those that don't know, the Wrangler A/C is the best fricken A/C I have ever experienced! On a moderate temp morning I can crank it on full blast and see my breath for a brief second!

The Wrangler is something amazing.... There is nothing like driving one. It is truly an amazing vehicle but it does have a suspension that is decades old in design. When going down a mountain highway and you hit a dip in a curve and the suspension unloads it does become squirrelly even with stock suspension and tires. The Renegade handles this same highway with a breeze and is solid. There is no way in hell that I would ever get of the Wrangler however. Like I sad, it is an amazing vehicle like no other. When I was hunting for a Renegade and drove the Wrangler I had car salesman falling all over themselves and each other wanting me to trade it in. I guess it was mostly because of its color in particular according to couple of them. Tank is a rare color that people come in and ask for when they see it on the road but Jeep made it only 2015 and the first few months of 2016.

The bottom line is that these are two different vehicles designed with two different purposes. They both make up for each others short comings and excelled in their main purpose in design in which they where attended. They both however have the spirit of Jeep, are a blast to drive and are both special and unique in their own way and right. There is no mistake they both are a Jeep and both are loaded with Jeep tradition and spirit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep family 1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	657948Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep family 2.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	657949Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep family three.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	657950

Last edited by Rick Grimes; 10-01-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are also a two Jeep family. When we were engaged I talked her into getting a two door Jeep with a small lift and 33"tires, instead of a Toyota pick up truck. Years later we sold the Jeep due to our growing family...when the JK came out she was back into Jeeps again buying a new 2012. A year ago I joined the Jeep family and bought a 2013 JK too, and now we both enjoy sunny days😎.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-603761132.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	659363
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRob25
My wife and I are also a two Jeep family. When we were engaged I talked her into getting a two door Jeep with a small lift and 33"tires, instead of a Toyota pick up truck. Years later we sold the Jeep due to our growing family...when the JK came out she was back into Jeeps again buying a new 2012. A year ago I joined the Jeep family and bought a 2013 JK too, and now we both enjoy sunny days😎.

Attachment 659363
Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-20-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

I had the opportunity to test drive a renegade trailhawk with a friend of mine and i gotta tell you i was pretty impressed. The car salesman seemed a bit concerned when we ended up in some areas with almost non-existant roads but that was the purpose of the test drive. I agree with you, IT IS A JEEP! The guys with the tj used to say that the jk wasn't a real jeep either. Happy jeeping brother!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the fear is that the european style (renegade fiat type styling) will permeate its way into future generations of the wrangler. Spy photos of the 2018 and speculation are rampant that jeep is moving away from the traditional look of the wrangler. I hope they are smart enough not do that and offer options like the Renegade or a larger Renegade version for those looking for that style of vehicle. I had said in the past I would never get anything newer than a 2006 but purchased a 2009 and then upgraded to a 2016. I am anxious to see what Jeep does next. I hope they stay true to the 75 years of heritage.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by louie t
I had the opportunity to test drive a renegade trailhawk with a friend of mine and i gotta tell you i was pretty impressed. The car salesman seemed a bit concerned when we ended up in some areas with almost non-existant roads but that was the purpose of the test drive. I agree with you, IT IS A JEEP! The guys with the tj used to say that the jk wasn't a real jeep either. Happy jeeping brother!
Thank You!!

Quick Reply: Tale of two Jeeps