Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Is there a cure???

Old 09-30-2014, 12:15 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best thing to realize and remember in this case is to know your own limitations.. and one is very tempted to go beyond these limitations.. and end up in trouble. My limitations were tested on the New River Gorge trail and many of you who might elect to take this trail very soon.. may end up saying oh that was easy.. In my case nothing is easy.. one wrong turn and the back will go out or even my hands and arms will simply go numb. Once I recall driving a trail in North Carolina.. Nothing more than an old logging road.. but every curve had this ruts.. We hit a few of these ruts and my back went out.. Arriving back at the campsite, I couldn't pack anything up to return home. So I simply gave all our gear away.. or donated it to the campground. So yes I try to push the limit.. and after taking the NRG trail.. I found my limit and must stick to it from now on. Find your limit, because one trail too many and without a cell signal.. You may have a long walk to town assuming you're able to walk if something does occur on the trail.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
The best thing to realize and remember in this case is to know your own limitations.. and one is very tempted to go beyond these limitations.. and end up in trouble. My limitations were tested on the New River Gorge trail and many of you who might elect to take this trail very soon.. may end up saying oh that was easy.. In my case nothing is easy.. one wrong turn and the back will go out or even my hands and arms will simply go numb. Once I recall driving a trail in North Carolina.. Nothing more than an old logging road.. but every curve had this ruts.. We hit a few of these ruts and my back went out.. Arriving back at the campsite, I couldn't pack anything up to return home. So I simply gave all our gear away.. or donated it to the campground. So yes I try to push the limit.. and after taking the NRG trail.. I found my limit and must stick to it from now on. Find your limit, because one trail too many and without a cell signal.. You may have a long walk to town assuming you're able to walk if something does occur on the trail.
There is something about limits. About a month ago I toor mr JK out with the local 4x4 club and we spend a whole day crawling out on some lava flows in Shelly ID. I was definitely out of my comfort zone, but the JKUR earned its respect with the highly modified local guys.
It also made me want to spend more money haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-511125566.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	582391
Old 10-31-2014, 01:11 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys. I just picked up a 2014 jku willys edition after not having a jeep since my late 80 ' s yj sahara. Haven't taken her off road yet but I'm constantly seeing areas that I need to climb over and I can't wait. Not sure if anyone knows of any areas or clubs near Toronto. The bug has bitten me hard and although the gf tried to get me to buy something else, she drove it last weekend and is hooked too.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kaltses21
Hey guys. I just picked up a 2014 jku willys edition after not having a jeep since my late 80 ' s yj sahara. Haven't taken her off road yet but I'm constantly seeing areas that I need to climb over and I can't wait. Not sure if anyone knows of any areas or clubs near Toronto. The bug has bitten me hard and although the gf tried to get me to buy something else, she drove it last weekend and is hooked too.
its a spreadable disease - its like a good version of ebola
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only had the bug for a year but going strong!

Quick Reply: Is there a cure???