Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Is there a cure???

Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a cure???

Recently I have been bitten by the Jeep bug. This is my first Jeep and I wasn’t sure what to expect when I purchased it. I have found myself incessantly going off course and driving through the nastiest stuff I can find. Sometimes even just some rather deep water. I will give a brief example. Last night @ 12 am I was driving home from a 16hr shift and tired as all hell. On one of the back roads I noticed a pull off for tractor trailer drivers to rest. There were no trucks there, but there were 2 deep, large ruts full of mud and water from the prior day’s monsoon in NJ. I quickly pulled off and attempted to go through in 2wd. I quickly bogged down and went into 4WD and pulled right out. I had mud slung up from the front to the rear. It was so funny; I had to do it again. Then at midnight I'm standing in my driveway washing the chunks of mud off like a psychopath. I don’t know how to stop myself from this behavior, it is happening on almost a daily basis. I haven’t even had a chance to do a lift or tires yet. Although; I am quite impressed with the stock JK performance. Will this ever end?? Haha
Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bvanes
Recently I have been bitten by the Jeep bug. This is my first Jeep and I wasn’t sure what to expect when I purchased it. I have found myself incessantly going off course and driving through the nastiest stuff I can find. Sometimes even just some rather deep water. I will give a brief example. Last night @ 12 am I was driving home from a 16hr shift and tired as all hell. On one of the back roads I noticed a pull off for tractor trailer drivers to rest. There were no trucks there, but there were 2 deep, large ruts full of mud and water from the prior day’s monsoon in NJ. I quickly pulled off and attempted to go through in 2wd. I quickly bogged down and went into 4WD and pulled right out. I had mud slung up from the front to the rear. It was so funny; I had to do it again. Then at midnight I'm standing in my driveway washing the chunks of mud off like a psychopath. I don’t know how to stop myself from this behavior, it is happening on almost a daily basis. I haven’t even had a chance to do a lift or tires yet. Although; I am quite impressed with the stock JK performance. Will this ever end?? Haha
Immunization is being developed, but it'll take about 2~3 years before it's tried on humans

Last edited by GJeep; 08-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Not even death can cure the jeep bug. Buying things for the jeep only makes it worse.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gforce!
Not even death can cure the jeep bug. Buying things for the jeep only makes it worse.
I was afraid that was the answer. Haha. Atleast it's fun
Old 08-16-2014, 02:21 AM
JK Freak

in the course of my 35 years I have avoided smoking, getting drunk, paying for women and any drug you can name, but the jeep got me. it takes almost all my money, its takes almost all of my time, and yet I still love it.....
Old 08-16-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello... My name is Antonio and i'm an addict, it's been 6 hours since I was last in my Jeep.

In all seriousness, it's absurd... I'll find any excuse to hop in, especially when I can show off her 4wheel prowess.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-01-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

There is only but one cure for this and thats for you to sell your jeep and this is highly "NOT RECOMMENEDED". Enjoy the jeep bug.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJA10
There is only but one cure for this and thats for you to sell your jeep and this is highly "NOT RECOMMENEDED". Enjoy the jeep bug.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What you're suggesting will surely cause severe depression worse than the addiction itself. You wouldn't cut your leg off because of a blister on your toe would you?
Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKJA10
Bull hocky! He will long for another, the whole time and eventually succumb to another purchase.

My advice, take this addiction with a sense of pride. It just might be the only respected addiction on the planet.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

how does the jeep saying go

"when I die, bury me in my jeep b/c I haven't found a hole it couldn't get out of!" - something like that

yea, your hooked....want to see how bad.....sell your jeep and see how long you can go before you buy another

I once lasted just over 1 year....

Quick Reply: Is there a cure???