Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

From a 75 to an 880/ also grounding question

Old 11-02-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default From a 75 to an 880/ also grounding question

As titled, i'm curious if it's worth the money to upgrade from my current Cobra 75 to something like a fullsized bearcat 880 or Cobra 29 LX. Typically use my cb for traveling and trail riding.

Also, I have a 3' firestick mounted on the back drivers side on a spare tire mount. I'm using a standard 18" coax and stud. It doesn't currently have a ground wire, but i'd like to add an additional ground anyhow. How do I need to go about this?

thanks in advance...
Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grounding mount

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
As titled, i'm curious if it's worth the money to upgrade from my current Cobra 75 to something like a fullsized bearcat 880 or Cobra 29 LX. Typically use my cb for traveling and trail riding.

Also, I have a 3' firestick mounted on the back drivers side on a spare tire mount. I'm using a standard 18" coax and stud. It doesn't currently have a ground wire, but i'd like to add an additional ground anyhow. How do I need to go about this?

thanks in advance...
Hey tarpon after i installed my cobra 75 with wilson flex antenna i used the ground wire from the antenna to chassis and couldnt figure out why my signal was so bad so i took my jeep to a local truck stop and the cb shop looked at my set up and simply removed the ground from the antenna and my signal is better he explained that ground was for ground plane issues . My swr readings went from 2. To 1.2 an ch 1 and 40 . If your talking about how to ground your mount run a ground wire from a bolt on the mount to the chassis . I went thru the tailgate and grounded on a existing bolt to the body.

Quick Reply: From a 75 to an 880/ also grounding question