Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Antenna

Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna

So my jeep already has a 4 in. lift and i need to park it in the garage sometimes. Is there a way i can take off the antenna easily and put it back on when i need to park in the garage? Some kind of part maybe?
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

you can get a stubby trail antenna, it will be shorter then the windshield, but it wont pick up radio as good. if you dont use the fm/am at all you can just take the antenna off and close the hole for free or a cheap cap as well. if you dont have any issues getting radio stations now the stubby should work fine and they dont cost much. and if you need the long boy, just take it on and off as you need to garage, its not too hard, just takes a couple minutes
Old 08-09-2014, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

I got antennaX 14". reception is good and looks awesome!
Old 08-09-2014, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut mine down to 12 inch. Super glue the little ball back on top. Spray paint black.

No problems and same reception
Old 08-09-2014, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Antenna x!!! Less than $20. Great reception.tried the cheaper option of cutting my factory one but reception was crappy.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 08-09-2014, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Chris_07_JK
So my jeep already has a 4 in. lift and i need to park it in the garage sometimes. Is there a way i can take off the antenna easily and put it back on when i need to park in the garage? Some kind of part maybe?

I guess you are talking about a tall CB antenna, correct?

There are a couple options.

1) get a quick-disconnector. You can remove the whole antenna with a simple twist.

2) if your antenna is mounted to a coil spring and on one of the Jeep's sides, just bend it under the third brake light.

I found the second by accident on a trail. My 4 ft CB antenna was bouncing everywhere and a couple times got stuck under the third brake light. Now I even removed the quick-disconnector and when parking in a low ceiling garage I just bend and hook it there.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it is the radio antenna, the cheaper alternative is just to cut it...I cut mine to 17", reinstalled (soldered) the ball end to the tip, and then painted black. Looks like it came from the factory, no reception issues, and perfect height.

Quick Reply: Antenna