Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Can a lift kit effect CB tuning?

Old 10-09-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a lift kit effect CB tuning?

If I get my antenna tuned, and it works great, and then I install a lift kit and bigger tires, am I messing with the tuning? In other words, does putting the Jeep (and thus the antenna) higher in the air effect the tuning? Or is it just the placement/grounding/etc, which doesn't really change when you raise the jeep?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, you'll be fine.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great, thanks!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdschup
If I get my antenna tuned, and it works great, and then I install a lift kit and bigger tires, am I messing with the tuning? In other words, does putting the Jeep (and thus the antenna) higher in the air effect the tuning? Or is it just the placement/grounding/etc, which doesn't really change when you raise the jeep? Thanks!
Tuning your CB balances impedance mismatches between your radio, cable, and antenna. You should only need to retune your CB if you change any of those 3 things or the mount. The only affect I'd expect to see from lifting your jeep would be that you might get a slightly longer range because your antenna has a longer line of sight. However, i'd say that the difference would pretty much be negligible with only a 3 or 4 inch height change.

Quick Reply: Can a lift kit effect CB tuning?