Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cobra 29 screen wont change

Old 03-16-2015, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anviljk
Just an update. Went out today before work and messed with the settings. I was able to get it visible. Not sure what happened but it works now and is clear.

Attachment 601534
Huh... Did it work with the other colors?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

The opposite now. Amber/red was the easiest to see now its blue/green. Im anxious to see how it looks in the dark.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Well...this is starting to get strange. Went out last night after work when it was dark and it was like the night before, couldn't see anything. Went out today to check swr and now I cant see anything again. Tried the same color and tried to adjust brightness/contrast and nothing. Not sure what is going on. Still waiting for a call back from Cobra.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Doris from Cobra. Explained my issue and she said that its an internal issue and to send it to them for a replacement. She said that it's not a common issue and would take about a week to get one back. I plan on sending it back tomorrow and will update once I get the replacement.

Last edited by anviljk; 03-17-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Cobra 29 screen wont change