Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Ear piercing noise

Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ear piercing noise

I'm a level 1 newbie when it comes to CB radios. I can change channels and that's about it.

I bought my JKU used with cobra 75WXST 40-ch already installed. I didn't bother checking the cb radio until months after purchase. I installed a 4' fire stick and went to station my fiance father was on for radio check. I push the PTT button and "SCREEEEAAAACH!". Literally hurt the ears. Sound came through the radio speakers and not the cb radio, every time. Turned my radio completely off and still the same ear piercing noise. Anybody have an idea why I'm getting this interference? I haven't followed the wiring yet, that's going to take a good hour to trace due to the previous owner doing a great job at hiding/routing the wires.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just to clarify, do you mean it comes through your FM radio speakers or your CB radio speaker?
Old 09-20-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Comes through my FM radio speakers
Old 09-20-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

I would look at the power box of the cobra 75. Check to see if someone hooked up a auxiliary speaker. Look for a headphone jack next to antenna connection. The previous owner may have mounted a hidden speaker in the sound bar of the jeep. Also try adjust your squelch to take out the noise and get your antenna tuned.

Quick Reply: Ear piercing noise